    cc: -a conflicts with -dy.
    *** Error code 1
    make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cl.o'
    Andy, Nov 5, 2011

  2. On 11/4/2011 11:48 PM, Andy wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I've got the following error when compiling a little program with Sun
    > Forte on Solaris 9
    > cc -ansi -O -I/usr/openwin/include -I/usr/include/X11 -DSYSV -
    > D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -DByteSwapped -Di386 -DNeedFuncProto -
    > c cl.c
    > cc: Warning: illegal option -nsi
    > cc: -a conflicts with -dy.
    > *** Error code 1
    > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cl.o'

    Have you considered consulting your documentation or asking Sun for help?
    Martin Ambuhl, Nov 5, 2011

  3. Andy

    Ian Collins Guest

    On 11/ 5/11 04:48 PM, Andy wrote:
    > Hello,
    > I've got the following error when compiling a little program with Sun
    > Forte on Solaris 9
    > cc -ansi -O -I/usr/openwin/include -I/usr/include/X11 -DSYSV -
    > D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -DByteSwapped -Di386 -DNeedFuncProto -
    > c cl.c
    > cc: Warning: illegal option -nsi
    > cc: -a conflicts with -dy.
    > *** Error code 1
    > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cl.o'

    Try asking on the Studio forums at
    https://forums.oracle.com/forums/category.jspa?categoryID=280

    --
    Ian Collins
    Ian Collins, Nov 5, 2011
  4. Andy <> writes:
    > I've got the following error when compiling a little program with Sun
    > Forte on Solaris 9
    > cc -ansi -O -I/usr/openwin/include -I/usr/include/X11 -DSYSV -
    > D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -DByteSwapped -Di386 -DNeedFuncProto -
    > c cl.c
    > cc: Warning: illegal option -nsi
    > cc: -a conflicts with -dy.
    > *** Error code 1
    > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cl.o'

    Apparently the "cc" command doesn't recognize a "-ansi" option.

    Why did you assume that it did?

    Keith Thompson, Nov 5, 2011