Sun cc: -a conflicts with -dy.

Andy

Hello,
I've got the following error when compiling a little program with Sun
Forte on Solaris 9
cc -ansi -O -I/usr/openwin/include -I/usr/include/X11 -DSYSV -
D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -DByteSwapped -Di386 -DNeedFuncProto -
c cl.c
cc: Warning: illegal option -nsi
cc: -a conflicts with -dy.
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cl.o'

Martin Ambuhl

Hello,
I've got the following error when compiling a little program with Sun
Forte on Solaris 9
cc -ansi -O -I/usr/openwin/include -I/usr/include/X11 -DSYSV -
D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -DByteSwapped -Di386 -DNeedFuncProto -
c cl.c
cc: Warning: illegal option -nsi
cc: -a conflicts with -dy.
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cl.o'

Have you considered consulting your documentation or asking Sun for help?

Ian Collins

Hello,
I've got the following error when compiling a little program with Sun
Forte on Solaris 9
cc -ansi -O -I/usr/openwin/include -I/usr/include/X11 -DSYSV -
D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -DByteSwapped -Di386 -DNeedFuncProto -
c cl.c
cc: Warning: illegal option -nsi
cc: -a conflicts with -dy.
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cl.o'

Try asking on the Studio forums at
https://forums.oracle.com/forums/category.jspa?categoryID=280

Keith Thompson

Andy said:
I've got the following error when compiling a little program with Sun
Forte on Solaris 9
cc -ansi -O -I/usr/openwin/include -I/usr/include/X11 -DSYSV -
D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -DByteSwapped -Di386 -DNeedFuncProto -
c cl.c
cc: Warning: illegal option -nsi
cc: -a conflicts with -dy.
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `cl.o'

Apparently the "cc" command doesn't recognize a "-ansi" option.

Why did you assume that it did?