Sun DeployTool Command Line Help Wanted

jeremy.russell

Hi, I'm trying to deploy a WAR file to a Sun AppServer using the
command line 'deploytool'. The WAR file contains a simple servlet and
JSP, just for testing. I have Sun's J2SE 1.4.02 and J2EE 1.4 RI
installed and running.

Relevant environment variables are:

J2EE_HOME=C:\j2sdkee1.4
JAVA_HOME=C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04
PATH=.;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\bin;C:\j2sdkee1.4\bin;
C:\oracle\ora90\BIN;C:\Winnt;C:\Winnt\System32

The GUI version of the deployer works fine and I can execute both
servlet and JSP successfully once deployed.

When I execute the command line as below:

deploytool -deployModule InstallTest.war

most time, I'm not getting any response and I have to abort the
command with CTRL-C.

Should this be working from the command line or is this a broken part
of the distribution?

Should I be specifying additional command line options to make this
work? If so, what should they be?

Thanks in advance for suggestions ...

.... JR