    would like to confirm.

    Thanks/Brgds
    Joao

    J Casqueiro, Oct 7, 2003

  2. J Casqueiro

    Ike Guest

    If you are speaking about the plugin, I believe it is 96 (on Wintel), but
    you can up to it with the -Xmx option. For example, under Wintel, to up it
    to 256:
    control-panel
    java 2 plugin
    addvanced tab
    and under "java runtime parameters:"
    -Xmx256m

    //Ike

    Ike, Oct 7, 2003

  3. J Casqueiro

    Skippy Guest

    > Can anyone confirm what is the max heap size for the VM in Sun's J2SE
    > 1.4.2 SDK (for windows 64b Itanium 2) ?
    >
    > In the documentation it is mentioned that for Solaris we have a 64b
    > address space but I couldn't find anything regarding wintel 64b and I
    > would like to confirm.

    Maybe this helps:

    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/1.4.2_whitepaper.html#11

    IA64 64-bit for Windows and Linux
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    With the release of J2SE platform version 1.4.2 comes a new addition to the
    platforms supported by the HotSpot JVM. Full 64-bit support for the Intel
    IA-64 architecture and the Itanium family of processors is a major addition
    for the J2SE platform, and is a strong example of Sun's continued focus on
    enterprise and network computing.

    With a new port to IA-64 comes the opportunity to leverage past work with
    the 64-bit version of the Java virtual machine for the SolarisTM Operating
    System (SPARCĀ® Platform Edition) ensuring delivery of a reliable, scalable,
    high performing, and highly competitive 64-bit version of the JVM machine.

    Skippy, Oct 8, 2003
  4. J Casqueiro

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Wed, 8 Oct 2003 01:41:22 +0200, "Skippy" <0spam.nl>
    wrote or quoted :

    > IA64 64-bit for Windows and Linux

    This gives 64 bit addressing. The size of an address is in
    transparent in Java. We have always had 64 bit data

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Oct 8, 2003
  5. J Casqueiro