Sun Java Certification Tutor

Tom

Hello Everyone,

I just graduated from a local Saint Louis University and now im
looking to pass my Sun Java Certification test. I was wondering if
there is anyone in the Saint Louis area who has passed this test and
is willing to tutor me. If anyone is interested or has any leads or
ideas on whom i may contact please reply to this posting or email me
(e-mail address removed). If you are willing to tutor me or interested
please email me with your fee's and how many hours you are available
and how i may contact you.
Thanks for your time,
Tom.

Christophe Vanfleteren

Tom said:
Hello Everyone,

I just graduated from a local Saint Louis University and now im
looking to pass my Sun Java Certification test. I was wondering if
there is anyone in the Saint Louis area who has passed this test and
is willing to tutor me. If anyone is interested or has any leads or
ideas on whom i may contact please reply to this posting or email me
(e-mail address removed). If you are willing to tutor me or interested
please email me with your fee's and how many hours you are available
and how i may contact you.
Thanks for your time,
Tom.

You might want to start by not multi posting.
If you really feel the need to post to multiple groups, please limit
yourself to cross posting.

Phil Earnhardt

I just graduated from a local Saint Louis University and now im
looking to pass my Sun Java Certification test. I was wondering if
there is anyone in the Saint Louis area who has passed this test and
is willing to tutor me. If anyone is interested or has any leads or
ideas on whom i may contact please reply to this posting or email me
(e-mail address removed). If you are willing to tutor me or interested
please email me with your fee's and how many hours you are available
and how i may contact you.

Save your money. I recommend looking at the JavaRanch site
www.javaranch.com . Good books would be either

The Complete Java 2 Certification Study Guide (Heller/Roberts), Third
Edition

or

Sun Certified Programmer & Developer for Java 2

If you get the Heller/Roberts book, make certain you get the current
edition!

After going through one of these, I would hammer away on the
javaranch.com Rules Round-Up Game until you can consistently get 34 or
better of the 36 questions per game. You should be ready to rock for
the Programmer test then.

I also recommend following through and doing the Developer test soon
afterwards...
Thanks for your time,
Tom.

--phil

Tom

Phil Earnhardt said:
Save your money. I recommend looking at the JavaRanch site
www.javaranch.com . Good books would be either

The Complete Java 2 Certification Study Guide (Heller/Roberts), Third
Edition

or

Sun Certified Programmer & Developer for Java 2

If you get the Heller/Roberts book, make certain you get the current
edition!

After going through one of these, I would hammer away on the
javaranch.com Rules Round-Up Game until you can consistently get 34 or
better of the 36 questions per game. You should be ready to rock for
the Programmer test then.

I also recommend following through and doing the Developer test soon
afterwards...

--phil

Thanks for posting phil i appreciate the input,

ill defenently check out the webpage. The only reason i would prefer
a tutor is because i learn better in a person to person enviornment. I
havent actually checked out the java certification studyguide but now
ill defenently check it out. Thanks for the help!
Tom

Tony Morris

I used that book and the Java Language Specification for the 310-035 exam.
I read the book twice solid and used the JLS for reference as well.
Then I did the practice exams and "skimmed" the book until I was confident
that I would pass the exam.
Note that the book contains A LOT of errors and it will pay for you to
download the errata list (since you might end up confused as I did at
first).
I can't remember my score (December 2002) but it was somewhere in the high
80's - and I was busting for a pee so I didn't bother check over my answers
(since I was confident of a pass).

I didn't use any reference for the SCJD assignment and exam (except for the
API documentation and google of course) and scored 95%.
Feel free to email me if you have any further queries.

--
Tony Morris
Software Engineer

Tom said:
[...]