sun java runtime for AIX?

Alex Hunsley

Anyone know if there is a Sun java runtime available for AIX? I've tried
the sun website and found no such beast.
alex

Graham

Alex said:
Why would the IBM website have a Sun VM? :)
It's not any old virtual machine I'm looking for, it's a non-IBM one (as
the IBM breaks).

Initially stating that you had used the IBM JVM and found it
unsatisfactory for your needs would have headed off that kind of response.

G.

Chris Mays

Alex said:
Why would the IBM website have a Sun VM? :)
It's not any old virtual machine I'm looking for, it's a non-IBM one (as
the IBM breaks).

alex

Alex,

Sun doesn't produce a JVM for AIX. I tried googling and I couldn't find
another JVM that might work. What sort of problems have you been having
with the IBM one? I have a client that might start using it shortly.

Chris

Alex Hunsley

Chris said:
Alex,

Sun doesn't produce a JVM for AIX.

I didn't think they would, but I though it was worth checking for.
I tried googling and I couldn't find
another JVM that might work. What sort of problems have you been having
with the IBM one? I have a client that might start using it shortly.

See my other threads posted in here recently: basically, we have JNI
apps (that access native shared object libraries from java) that work
under Sun, but cause IBM's JVM to throw a wobbler and dump javacore.
Are you likely to be using JNI yourself?
alex