Sunday 20th Global Python Mtg via VOIP - BerkeleyTIP - for forwarding

Discussion in 'Python' started by john_re, Sep 19, 2009.

  1. john_re

    john_re Guest

    Get a VOIP headset, Install VOIP client SW, & join the global Python
    meeting this
    Sunday Sept 20, 12N-3P Pacific Daylight Savings Time (UTC-8),
    3P-6P Eastern, (7P-10P UTC?)
    http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/remote-attendance

    Lots of great, exciting new things for Python users,
    as we start Year 2 of the Global FSW GNU(Linux)/BSD,
    Free HW, Free Culture, TIP meetings:
    TIP = Talks, Installfest, Project/Programing Party.
    Educational, Productive, Social.

    Join with the meeting from your home via VOIP,
    or create a local meeting at your local college wifi cafe.

    =====
    Quick announcement. We're starting up BTIP year 2, for the 2009-10
    school year.
    http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/home

    September Videos: Puppet language, Python mystery talks, CampKDE
    http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/talk-videos

    This year 2 we'll be focusing on
    1) Inviting UC Berkeley students via poster/flyers
    2) Getting local meetings going at California colleges
    3) Getting invitations out to more American countries
    4) Getting topic groups (OLPC, Python, KDE & GNOME, BSD, Ubuntu, etc)
    having simultaneous meetings.
    5) Improving our VOIP server, perhaps upgrading to FreeSwitch.

    ==
    Come join the Sept 20 Sunday meeting, get on voip, chat, discuss the
    videos, work on your own projects & share them with others, help educate
    students, & help work on the group projects.

    Join #berkeleytip on irc.freenode.net, & we'll help you get your VOIP HW
    & SW working. :)

    Join the mailing lists & say hi, tell us what you are interested in.
    http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal

    You are invited to forward this message anywhere it would be welcomed.
    :)
    john_re, Sep 19, 2009