Sun's open road

Roy Schestowitz

__/ [ Ramon F Herrera ] on Monday 19 March 2007 21:59 \__
http://news.com.com/Sun+hires+Debian+Linux+founder/2100-7344_3-6168567.html?tag=nefd.top

Yes, they have chosen the free open source route. They need to survive.

--
~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz
10:20pm up 8 days 6:23, 8 users, load average: 0.96, 1.15, 0.77

Mike Schilling

Ramon F Herrera said:

This says a lot about the "open source community":

Gosling: For the longest time, all of the source code for Java has been
available
to everyone. And until recently it came with a license that said: "The
source is
open but you can't redistribute the results of any of your changes
without
passing the test suite." We got a lot of flak from the open-source
community
about that.

"Tests? Tests? We don't need no stinking tests!"