supervisor 3.0a6 and Python2.6

George Trojan

Supervisor does not work with Python2.6. While running with the test
configuration, supervisord prints traceback:
2009-03-17 15:12:31,927 CRIT Traceback (most recent call last):
File
"/usr/local/Python-2.6/lib/python2.6/site-packages/supervisor-3.0a6-py2.6.egg/supervisor/xmlrpc.py",
line 367, in continue_request
pushproducer(DeferredXMLRPCResponse(request, value))
File "/usr/local/Python-2.6/lib/python2.6/asynchat.py", line 190, in
push_with_producer
self.initiate_send()
File "/usr/local/Python-2.6/lib/python2.6/asynchat.py", line 227, in
initiate_send
data = first.more()
AttributeError: class NOT_DONE_YET has no attribute 'more'

The last entry on http://supervisord.org/news/ is exactly one year ago,
obviously it predates Python2.6. Two questions:
1. Is supervisor still developed?
2. Is there a quick fix to the above behaviour? If not, what would be a
reasonable alternative to supervisor? I know of upstart and daemontools.

George

George Trojan

Raymond said:
I note that, although the information on the site is pretty old, there
have been some respository checkins in Feb and March of this year:
<http://lists.supervisord.org/pipermail/supervisor-checkins/>
-r

I found answers to both questions (the other one was: Is there a quick
fix to the above behaviour?) - accidentally the same day, on March 17
there was a post on supervisor-users group:
http://lists.supervisord.org/pipermail/supervisor-users/2009-March/000311.html.
The answer by one of supervisor's developer led me to an interesting
thread on python-dev: asyncore fixes in Python 2.6 broke Zope's version
of medusa dated March 4:
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2009-March/thread.html#86739

George