Supplier / Sports Item project, Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Java' started by steedownes, Nov 7, 2005.

  1. steedownes

    steedownes Guest

    I have been given a project to do, this is the brief.

    A sports shop wants to automate its operations using computerised
    information system. One of the classes needed for this system is a
    sports item class.

    Each sport item has a description , a price , quantity in stock,
    re-order quantity and a supplier. Supplier details are name, Phone
    number and email address.

    When a sports item is sold, the quantity in stock should be reduced by
    the number of items of that item sold. A sale can be for more than one
    item. Items can only be sold if there is sufficent number in stock.

    the shop needs to know at any time which items have fallen below their
    reorder quantity, so the item can be restocked. When the item is
    restocked, the quantity in stock for that item should be increased by
    that amount.

    Would really appreciated help with this. Have been told its similiar to
    the Tutor Class / Student Class

    Cheers

    steedownes, Nov 7, 2005

  2. steedownes wrote:

    > Sub: Supplier / Sports Item project, Please help

    me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ...please fix your '!' key.

    > I have been given a project to do, ...

    That is a very subtle way to say 'I have assignments due,
    and I am way behind on my study'. *

    >... this is the brief.

    How far have you got with it?
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#start>

    * Sure, there are other interpretations, most of
    them worse.

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 7, 2005

  3. steedownes

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 7 Nov 2005 08:24:48 -0800, "steedownes" <>

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/homework.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Nov 7, 2005
  4. On 2005-11-07, steedownes penned:
    > I have been given a project to do, this is the brief.
    >
    > A sports shop wants to automate its operations using computerised
    > information system. One of the classes needed for this system is a
    > sports item class.
    >
    > Each sport item has a description , a price , quantity in stock,
    > re-order quantity and a supplier. Supplier details are name, Phone
    > number and email address.
    >
    > When a sports item is sold, the quantity in stock should be reduced
    > by the number of items of that item sold. A sale can be for more
    > than one item. Items can only be sold if there is sufficent number
    > in stock.
    >
    > the shop needs to know at any time which items have fallen below
    > their reorder quantity, so the item can be restocked. When the item
    > is restocked, the quantity in stock for that item should be
    > increased by that amount.
    >

    > Would really appreciated help with this. Have been told its similiar
    > to the Tutor Class / Student Class

    One, this smells like a homework assignment, and you haven't even
    attempted to figure it out.

    Two, you haven't actually asked a question. I think for most of us on
    this ng, not to mention probably most of the students in your class,
    it's obvious how to proceed from those instructions. So if you need
    help, you'll have to at least come up with a question to indicate what
    you're having trouble with.

    --
    monique

    Ask smart questions, get good answers:

    Monique Y. Mudama, Nov 7, 2005
  5. steedownes

    steve Guest

    On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 00:24:48 +0800, steedownes wrote
    (in article <>):

    > I have been given a project to do, this is the brief.
    >
    > A sports shop wants to automate its operations using computerised
    > information system. One of the classes needed for this system is a
    > sports item class.
    >
    > Each sport item has a description , a price , quantity in stock,
    > re-order quantity and a supplier. Supplier details are name, Phone
    > number and email address.
    >
    > When a sports item is sold, the quantity in stock should be reduced by
    > the number of items of that item sold. A sale can be for more than one
    > item. Items can only be sold if there is sufficent number in stock.
    >
    > the shop needs to know at any time which items have fallen below their
    > reorder quantity, so the item can be restocked. When the item is
    > restocked, the quantity in stock for that item should be increased by
    > that amount.
    >

    > Would really appreciated help with this. Have been told its similiar to
    > the Tutor Class / Student Class
    >
    > Cheers

    nice try, but no real coder would ever ask such a question, be honest next
    time.

    steve

    steve, Nov 8, 2005