supply final static value

Dan

hi ng,

is it possible in dotnet to restrict a value for a variable.
i remember that there is something like that in delphi.

my problem:
i have a bussiness object that has a string variable which can only be
set to some well defined values.
Like:

string color="red" (or "white" or "black")

and the webservice should define the strings red, white, black.

thanks for your help,
dan

Lionel LASKE

I'm afraid you can't restrict values in .NET except if you develop your own
class "StringRestricted" and test value on each set call to ensure that your
class can't have an illegal value.
Alternatively, why not using an enum like this:

public enum MyEnum
{
red,
white,
black
}

MyEnum e = red;
Debug.WriteLine(e.ToString()); // "red"
e = (MyEnum) TypeDescriptor.GetConverter(e).ConvertFrom("black"); // black

Lionel.

My guess is that you can use an enum an do