Support for IMAP IDLE in net/imap

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Abhishiv Saxena, Jul 3, 2009.

  1. Ok, I have been stuck on it for hours. I thought net/imap.rb with ruby
    1.9 supported the idle command, but not yet.

    Can anyone help me in implementing that? From here, I though this would
    work:

    class Net::IMAP
    def idle

    cmd = "IDLE"
    synchronize do
    tag = generate_tag

    put_string(tag + " " + cmd)

    put_string(CRLF)
    end
    end

    def done
    cmd = "DONE"

    synchronize do
    put_string(cmd)
    put_string(CRLF)

    end
    end
    end

    But, when i issue imap.idle, it return true, but i have to press return
    twice to get the server response. And there's no notification for new
    messages.

    ?> imap.idle
    C: RUBY0005 IDLE
    => true