Support for some OSS tools

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sathyaish, Nov 29, 2006.

  1. Sathyaish

    Sathyaish Guest

    I need to find out if any of the following tools or frameworks are
    supported by some third parties. I have learnt some of the support
    issues and am writing them below, but I need to find more. I'd be very
    interested in knowing if there is any paid/guaranteed support available
    for any of these tools by an established organization or third-party.

    1. WebWork: To some extent, supported by IBM, if on WebSphere. Other
    than that, I am not sure. There are some forums I have seen.

    2. Hibernate: Support available in some instances from IBM, I would
    think, if it runs on the WebSphere Application Server.

    3. Lucene: Supported by the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) through
    mailing lists.

    4. Spring: This is supported by Interface 21.

    5. Acegi: Supported by the company that developed it, i.e. Acegi
    Technology Pty Limited.

    6. Commons Collections: This, I think, is supported by the Apache
    Software Foundation (ASF) through a series of mailing lists and an
    issue tracking database. Is there some additional support.

    7. SiteMesh: Just forums here -- a user forum and a developer forum.

    Sathyaish, Nov 29, 2006