    browsers.
    Does .net support multiple browsers?
    Willem
    willem joubert, May 16, 2005

  2. "willem joubert" <> wrote in news:98WdnSoIMOJbpxXfRVn-
    :
    > A Yahoo search engine will only allow sites that will support multiple
    > browsers.
    > Does .net support multiple browsers?

    Yes.

    Blog: http://blogs.atozed.com/kudzu
    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, May 16, 2005

  3. willem joubert

    Guest

    is this because of the server side tag controls? or the pre-compile
    MSIL?
    , May 16, 2005
  4. wrote in news:1116276550.132429.265230
    @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
    > is this because of the server side tag controls? or the pre-compile
    > MSIL?

    Is what because of those?

    Blog: http://blogs.atozed.com/kudzu
    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, May 17, 2005
  5. willem joubert

    Guest

    the multiple browsers support. i'm just starting out with .net and I'm
    having a hard time understanding the way .net is browser independant
    for asp.net. for me as a developer with asp.net will I have to be
    concerned with dealing with client broswers or is it automagic
    happening in the CLR by the type of tags I user.

    The way I'm understanding it; is the pages are precompiled and the
    asp.net engine is making the determiniation of lower end and hight end
    browser. So if I use server side controls that will convert the
    presentation to what ever broswer the end user comes in with.
    , May 17, 2005
  6. wrote in news:1116339365.552544.134890
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    > the multiple browsers support. i'm just starting out with .net and I'm

    Its just a matter of HTML, not .NET.

    > having a hard time understanding the way .net is browser independant
    > for asp.net. for me as a developer with asp.net will I have to be
    > concerned with dealing with client broswers or is it automagic
    > happening in the CLR by the type of tags I user.

    Its nothing to do with the CLR. The CLR is way below ASP.NET.

    > The way I'm understanding it; is the pages are precompiled and the

    The code for the pages are, and some tags.

    > asp.net engine is making the determiniation of lower end and hight end
    > browser. So if I use server side controls that will convert the
    > presentation to what ever broswer the end user comes in with.

    Most controls dont do any browser detemrination but just send standard HTML.
    Some do though and they often distinquish only between IE and "all others".

    Blog: http://blogs.atozed.com/kudzu
    Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu, May 18, 2005