support multiple browsers?

willem joubert

Hi,
A Yahoo search engine will only allow sites that will support multiple
browsers.
Does .net support multiple browsers?
Willem

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

willem joubert said:
A Yahoo search engine will only allow sites that will support multiple
browsers.
Does .net support multiple browsers?

Yes.

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
is this because of the server side tag controls? or the pre-compile
MSIL?

Is what because of those?

snowwis

the multiple browsers support. i'm just starting out with .net and I'm
having a hard time understanding the way .net is browser independant
for asp.net. for me as a developer with asp.net will I have to be
concerned with dealing with client broswers or is it automagic
happening in the CLR by the type of tags I user.

The way I'm understanding it; is the pages are precompiled and the
asp.net engine is making the determiniation of lower end and hight end
browser. So if I use server side controls that will convert the
presentation to what ever broswer the end user comes in with.

Chad Z. Hower aka Kudzu

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
the multiple browsers support. i'm just starting out with .net and I'm

Its just a matter of HTML, not .NET.
having a hard time understanding the way .net is browser independant
for asp.net. for me as a developer with asp.net will I have to be
concerned with dealing with client broswers or is it automagic
happening in the CLR by the type of tags I user.

Its nothing to do with the CLR. The CLR is way below ASP.NET.
The way I'm understanding it; is the pages are precompiled and the

The code for the pages are, and some tags.
asp.net engine is making the determiniation of lower end and hight end
browser. So if I use server side controls that will convert the
presentation to what ever broswer the end user comes in with.

Most controls dont do any browser detemrination but just send standard HTML.
Some do though and they often distinquish only between IE and "all others".