    me know what I can do in this aspect or is there any way I can forcefully
    invoke the hour glass (or at least some flashy progress bar) immediately
    after I click the button.
    Support, Jun 7, 2004

  2. Support

    Cowboy Guest

    You can place on JavaScript that changes to hourglass, then run the rest of
    the code, then change it back. It is also possible to place a "waiting"
    layer up for the user and then have client side script make the layer
    invisible.

    There is not much else you can do, as you are running all code on the client
    side.

    BTW< some of the groups you have crossposted are really not on topic.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think Outside the Box!
    "Support" <> wrote in message
    > is it possible to invoke an hour glass in my asp .net application when I
    > invoke a user action such as clicking a button.
    > I've tried putting "Document.style.cursor=Wait" in the beginning of the
    > JavaScript function and changing the cursor back to "Default" at the end,
    > but of no use.
    >
    > My problem is that the cursor is changing to the hour glass only after the
    > entire function gets executed, which makes the purpose nullified. Please

    let

    Cowboy, Jun 7, 2004