Suppressing URL information

chil

I want to open a popup window and the window should not display the URL
information anywhere on the browser. Can you suggest.

Evertjan.

chil wrote on 18 jul 2005 in comp.lang.javascript:
I want to open a popup window and the window should not display the URL
information anywhere on the browser. Can you suggest.

If you just mean "on the browser window"

<script type=text/javascript>
myURL = 'my url here'
window.open(myURL,'','height=500')
</script>

the <title> has to be defined in the pop-up

chil

Thanks a lot Evertjan. Now my question is how do I give different name
in the title. Can you suggest. I will explain clearly here. I want to
open www.yahoo.com
Now myURL is www.yahoo.com
I can set all parameters such as height, Location=no.
Now the the URL is coming on to the title. So How do I rename this. If
you can suggest I am thankful. Actually it is a business requirement.

Evertjan.

chil wrote on 19 jul 2005 in comp.lang.javascript:
Thanks a lot Evertjan. Now my question is how do I give different name
in the title. Can you suggest. I will explain clearly here. I want to
open www.yahoo.com
Now myURL is www.yahoo.com
I can set all parameters such as height, Location=no.
Now the the URL is coming on to the title. So How do I rename this. If
you can suggest I am thankful. Actually it is a business requirement.

I'm sorry but this is not email, but usenet, and I will not answer
postings, that are not properly quoted while following up earlier posts.

Using Google groups instead of a usenet agent is bad practice,
because it incents you to reply like you did.

ASM

chil said:
Thanks a lot Evertjan. Now my question is how do I give different name
in the title. Can you suggest. I will explain clearly here. I want to
open www.yahoo.com
Now myURL is www.yahoo.com
I can set all parameters such as height, Location=no.
Now the the URL is coming on to the title. So How do I rename this. If
you can suggest I am thankful. Actually it is a business requirement.
<script type="text/javascript">
foo = false;
function openUrl(myURL,myTitle,width,height) {
if(!(foo) || foo.closed) foo = window.open();
foo.resizeTo(width,height);
foo.location.href = myURL;
var left = parseInt((screen.width-width)/2);
var top = parseInt((screen.height-height-60)/2);
foo.moveTo(left,top);
// changing title will be not allowed if from another domain
setTimeout('foo.document.title = \''+myTitle+'\';',3000);
foo.focus();
}
</script>

onclick="openUrl(this.href,'My Yahoo to me to me',500,420);
return false;">Yahoo</a>
onclick="openUrl(this.href,'My Google to me to me',500,420);
return false;">Google</a>
onclick="openUrl(this.href,'my test to me to me',500,420);
return false;">test</a>

If JavaScript is disabled Yahoo will be open in a new standard window
(if new windows are enabled)

<form style="display:none" id="search" name="search">
<select onchange="var i = this.selectedIndex;
if(i==0) alert('make a choice in list')
else
openUrl(this.options.value,this.options.text,500,420);">
<option selected="selected">Search in motors</option>
<option value="http://www.yahoo.com">Yahoo</option>
<option value="http://www.google.com">Google</option>
</select>
</form>
<script type="text/javascript">
document.forms['search'].style.display='block';
</script>

if JS disabled (and css enabled) -> no list