    RHPT Guest

    Is there a way to suprress the HTTP_Referer using VBScript/ASP?

    Thank you!
    RHPT, Sep 8, 2005

  2. RHPT

    [MSFT] Guest

    Hello,

    Do you want stop client send HTTP_Referer to the server side? As I know,
    Internet Explorer does not provide this variable to the server when you use
    the window.location or window.navigate methods. Will this help?

    Luke
    [MSFT], Sep 8, 2005

  3. RHPT

    RHPT Guest

    Hi,

    yes, I want to stop the client from sending the HTTP_Referer to the
    server. There is no way to supress this via code?

    Thank you

    On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 02:17:14 GMT,
    ([MSFT]) wrote:

    :Hello,
    :
    RHPT, Sep 8, 2005
  4. RHPT

    Ken Schaefer Guest

    Not using ASP code. You would need to do something on the client (e.g open a
    new window that does not have a referer)

    Cheers
    Ken

    --
    IIS Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
    Web: www.adopenstatic.com

    "RHPT" <> wrote in message
    : Hi,
    :
    : yes, I want to stop the client from sending the HTTP_Referer to the
    : server. There is no way to supress this via code?
    :
    :
    : Thank you
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 02:17:14 GMT,
    : ([MSFT]) wrote:
    :
    ::Hello,
    ::
    Ken Schaefer, Sep 8, 2005
  5. RHPT

    [MSFT] Guest

    When you use the window.location or window.navigate methods to load the
    ASP page, client IE won't send the HTTP_Referer to the server. Will this
    help? And, why you need to disable HTTP_Referer ?

    Luke
    [MSFT], Sep 9, 2005
  6. RHPT

    RHPT Guest

    I ended up using window.location.href. That worked great.

    Thanks for all the help!

    RHPT, Sep 9, 2005