Supressing HTTP_Referer

[MSFT]

Hello,

Do you want stop client send HTTP_Referer to the server side? As I know,
Internet Explorer does not provide this variable to the server when you use
the window.location or window.navigate methods. Will this help?

Luke

RHPT

Hi,

yes, I want to stop the client from sending the HTTP_Referer to the
server. There is no way to supress this via code?

Thank you

:Hello,
:
:Do you want stop client send HTTP_Referer to the server side? As I know,
:Internet Explorer does not provide this variable to the server when you use
:the window.location or window.navigate methods. Will this help?
:
:Luke

Ken Schaefer

Not using ASP code. You would need to do something on the client (e.g open a
new window that does not have a referer)

Cheers
Ken

--
IIS Blog: www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/
Web: www.adopenstatic.com

: Hi,
:
: yes, I want to stop the client from sending the HTTP_Referer to the
: server. There is no way to supress this via code?
:
:
: Thank you
:
:
:
:
: On Thu, 08 Sep 2005 02:17:14 GMT, (e-mail address removed)
: ([MSFT]) wrote:
:
::Hello,
::
::Do you want stop client send HTTP_Referer to the server side? As I know,
::Internet Explorer does not provide this variable to the server when you
use
::the window.location or window.navigate methods. Will this help?
::
::Luke
:

[MSFT]

When you use the window.location or window.navigate methods to load the
ASP page, client IE won't send the HTTP_Referer to the server. Will this
help? And, why you need to disable HTTP_Referer ?

Luke

RHPT

I ended up using window.location.href. That worked great.

Thanks for all the help!

On Thu, 8 Sep 2005 15:25:50 +1000, "Ken Schaefer"