Supressing Menu and Toolbars on Webpage

Herb Stull

Hello All,

I'd like for my ASP.NET application to look like an application and not have
to display the menu and toolbars in the browser window.

In order to do this now I use a response.write and imbed javascript to do
window.open and include parameters to suppress these items. This causes
problems for users that have a popup stopper installed as the resulting
window is a popup and is usually suppressed.

Please let me know if you have any tips on a workaround for this issue.

I'd also like to find a way to automatically maximize the browser window
since the app looks better in full screen mode.

Any help you all can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Herb

Curt_C [MVP]

for the maximize try
fullscreen=yes

as for a workaround for the pop-up blocker.... God I hope not. That would
defeat the purpose. Tell you clients to "not block" your site.

Personally....any site that tries to even resize my window is immediately
put on my "do not visit" list. I think you may want to revisit your
approach... Web apps should never adjust or take over any settings on a
client's machine really, especially not if it's a public site.

Fred Nelson

Curt:

I have an application for an intranet that I'm writing and I would like to
start the users in full screen mode when they begin the application.
Presently I tell them to press F11 to go to full screen - is there a way to
call the 'fullscreen=yes' from within VB.NET - or is there a way that I can
do it with a javascript on the default.aspx page?

Thanks,

Fred

Eric Lawrence [MSFT]

Just so you're aware-- going fullscreen without the user's permission is
going to get harder in Windows XP SP2.

If you want the user to see your application in fullscreen mode, why not
give them a custom .HTA file to run which pulls in your webpage in an
IFRAME?

--
Thanks,

Eric Lawrence