    since the app looks better in full screen mode.

    Any help you all can provide is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks, Herb

    Herb Stull, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Herb Stull

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    for the maximize try
    fullscreen=yes

    as for a workaround for the pop-up blocker.... God I hope not. That would
    defeat the purpose. Tell you clients to "not block" your site.

    Personally....any site that tries to even resize my window is immediately
    put on my "do not visit" list. I think you may want to revisit your
    approach... Web apps should never adjust or take over any settings on a
    client's machine really, especially not if it's a public site.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    "Herb Stull" <> wrote in message
    > Hello All,
    >
    > I'd like for my ASP.NET application to look like an application and not

    have

    Curt_C [MVP], Feb 25, 2004

  3. Herb Stull

    Fred Nelson Guest

    Curt:

    I have an application for an intranet that I'm writing and I would like to
    start the users in full screen mode when they begin the application.
    Presently I tell them to press F11 to go to full screen - is there a way to
    call the 'fullscreen=yes' from within VB.NET - or is there a way that I can
    do it with a javascript on the default.aspx page?

    Thanks,

    Fred

    Fred Nelson, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Just so you're aware-- going fullscreen without the user's permission is
    going to get harder in Windows XP SP2.

    If you want the user to see your application in fullscreen mode, why not
    give them a custom .HTA file to run which pulls in your webpage in an
    IFRAME?

    --
    Thanks,

    Eric Lawrence