Survey: "Motivation of Free/Open Source Software (F/OSS) Developers"

Discussion in 'Python' started by =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Marc_R=F6ttig?=, Jul 16, 2004.

  1. Survey: "Motivation of Free/Open Source Software (F/OSS) Developers"

    We (Marc Röttig and Carl-Daniel Hailfinger) are currently working
    on a survey on the motivation of open source developers as part of
    a "Computer Science and Society" project at the CS department of the
    University of Tübingen. We invite every developer in the Free / Open
    Source Software community to help us with our survey by filling out
    a little web form to give us some hints on possible motivation-motifs
    of F/OSS-developers.

    You can find the survey-form at

    http://foss.ta-altensteig.de/

    Privacy statement:
    We do not want to collect personal information about you without
    your agreement. That's why we do not ask for your name and give
    you the ability to leave personal information unspecified (age
    and profession). We (the authors) will not make the raw survey
    data available to anyone except members of our faculty for
    verification of proper scientific procedures in extracting the
    results.

    Thank you in advance for your support. You can reach our CS faculty at

    http://www.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Marc_R=F6ttig?=, Jul 16, 2004