[survey] Pair Programming in Free and Open Source Projects

Discussion in 'Java' started by Guest, Jun 18, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hello fellow hackers,

    as part of our course at the Software Engineering class at the Free
    University of Berlin/Germany we are holding a survey and looking for
    developers to participate.

    Our research context is Free and Open Source Software with a focus on
    (Distributed) Pair Programming[1]. We try to explore how familiar you
    are with Pair Programming in itself, if you have tried to use Pair
    Programming in one of your projects, which tools you are familiar with
    for communication and (Distributed) Pair Programming and how well they
    worked.

    Please visit [2] to particpate in the survey. It will roughly take 10
    minutes to complete it. The survey will be online for the next week
    and be closed on the 25th of June. By participating you will be able to
    receive the raw data and the result of our survey.

    Sorry for disturbing, we sincerly hope you will participate and
    happy hacking
    Jordi, Sandor, Holger

    [1] On Pair Programming two people constantly interact with each other.
    One developer is playing the role of the driver who is repsonsible for
    typing and the other developery is the observer responsible for obersving
    the driver, spotting issues and looking ahead. The two roles can and
    should be changed. On Distributed Pair Programming the two mates don't
    sit at the same work place but have technical means to collaborate.

    [2]
    http://survey.mi.fu-berlin.de/public/survey.php?name=dpp_2007

    Guest, Jun 18, 2007