SuSe 10.0 missing Idle

Steve

Hello,

Hopefully this is not to of topic. I just installed SuSe 10.0
and although python installed but no Idle. I can't seem to find it in
the list of available packages either. I was wondering if someone might
steer me in the right direction. I've just started learning python and
would really like to get Idle back or failing that a reccommendation of
another IDE for python?

Thanks in Advance
Steve

Joseph Garvin

Steve said:
Hello,

Hopefully this is not to of topic. I just installed SuSe 10.0
and although python installed but no Idle. I can't seem to find it in
the list of available packages either. I was wondering if someone might
steer me in the right direction. I've just started learning python and
would really like to get Idle back or failing that a reccommendation of
another IDE for python?

Thanks in Advance
Steve
SuSE probably has a seperate package, something like python-tk, that
will install IDLE. Look for that, some distros don't like to install
idle by default because it also means installing the Tk toolkit that it
uses.

Steve

Joseph said:
SuSE probably has a seperate package, something like python-tk, that
will install IDLE. Look for that, some distros don't like to install
idle by default because it also means installing the Tk toolkit that
it uses.

Thanks, I'll give that a try

Steve

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_Str=F6der?=

Joseph said:
SuSE probably has a seperate package, something like python-tk, that
will install IDLE.

# rpm -qf `which idle`
python-idle-2.4.1-3

Ciao, Michael.