SVG and XML

Discussion in 'XML' started by Nader Emami, Feb 3, 2005.

  1. Nader Emami

    Nader Emami Guest

    I am a new user of xml. I would like to present a documentation of a
    software system on internet. It is in html and I would like to change
    (translate) it to XML. There are some pictures (to show the process and
    the lines to give the input/output) in the document. I know that I can
    use SVG to get the picture, but I don't know how I can combine them! For
    example I have a 'a.xml' file. Is it possible to emded the dfinition of
    svg inside the 'a.xml' file?
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <page>
    <svg circle=...
    </svg>

    </page>

    Or I can make other file "a.svg" :
    <svg
    circle ....
    </svg>

    But my question: How can combine these files in een xslt file?

    About this qquestion I have got some answer, but it wasn't enough clear
    for me. Would somebody give me more information about this problem?

    With regards,
    Nader
    Nader Emami, Feb 3, 2005

  2. Nader Emami

    Joris Gillis Guest

    Tempore 16:28:37, die Thursday 03 February 2005 AD, hinc in foro {comp.text.xml} scripsit Nader Emami <>:

    > <?xml version="1.0"?>
    > <page>
    > <svg circle=...
    > </svg>
    >
    > </page>
    >
    > Or I can make other file "a.svg" :
    > <svg
    > circle ....
    > </svg>
    >
    > But my question: How can combine these files in een xslt file?

    gebruik zoiets als:

    <xsl:copy-of select="document('a.svg')"/>

    regards,
    "Et ipsa scientia potestas est" - Francis Bacon , Meditationes sacrae
    Joris Gillis, Feb 3, 2005

  3. Nader Emami

    Nader Emami Guest

    Joris Gillis wrote:
    > Tempore 16:28:37, die Thursday 03 February 2005 AD, hinc in foro
    > {comp.text.xml} scripsit Nader Emami <>:
    >
    >> <?xml version="1.0"?>
    >> <page>
    >> <svg circle=...
    >> </svg>
    >>
    >> </page>
    >>
    >> Or I can make other file "a.svg" :
    >> <svg
    >> circle ....
    >> </svg>
    >>
    >> But my question: How can combine these files in een xslt file?

    > gebruik zoiets als:
    >
    > <xsl:copy-of select="document('a.svg')"/>
    >

    > regards,

    Thank for your reaction, but it doesn't work!

    regards,
    Nader
    Nader Emami, Feb 4, 2005