SVG: attributes relativ to other elements / special anchors ??

Peter Jakobi

Hello,

I want to place two lines relative to another. The problem is, that
these two lines are in different groups.

Is there an possibility to set the x and y values of the second line
with the values of the first line + an offset.

Something like that for example:

<line id="line1" x1="100" y1="100" x2="200" y2="100"/>
<line id="line2" x1="100" y1=line1.x1+100 x2="200" y2=line1.x2+100/>

How can I resvole my problem? Do I have to use javascript, which sets
up the values for the second line??

Another question: Can I set some "certain anchors" in svg? I think
about this problem. There are two lines specified. Each line has an
"anchor". Now I want to set a line between these two anchors. The
advantage of that is, that i can mave the two lines without any
problem. The third line, which connects the two first lines will be
there everytime.

Any tips for that problem??

Thanks,
Pet

Joris Gillis

Hi,

Tempore 15:58:44 said:
Is there an possibility to set the x and y values of the second line
with the values of the first line + an offset.

<line id="line1" x1="100" y1="100" x2="200" y2="100"/>
<line id="line2" x1="100" y1=line1.x1+100 x2="200" y2=line1.x2+100/>

why not use the 'use' element for this purpose?
e.g. said:
Do I have to use javascript, which sets up the values for the second line??
You could do that. In Javascript you have control over the complete DOM of your svg file.
Another question: Can I set some "certain anchors" in svg?
I do not think anchor points are (yet) defined in svg.

regards,