    generates an error.

    Thanks
    , May 13, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > Anyone know how to make an svg circle radius fixed (i.e. not affected
    > by transforms)? I tried adding px or cm, e.g. r='15px' but it just
    > generates an error.

    Are you using any script at all or why do you ask here?
    Which SVG viewer are you using and what kind of error do you get for
    r="15px"?
    The value of r is a length
    <http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/types.html#DataTypeLength>
    so a number plus a unit should not be any problem.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/
    Martin Honnen, May 13, 2006

    Thanks for your reply

    Why do I ask here? Because there doesn't seem to be any (active) SVG
    groups and a google groups search shows that this group is active and
    has had quite a lot of SVG questions answered.

    I am writing ASP pages that have some javascript, but not for the SVG
    part!

    Turns out the error was in the ASP part, but when I fixed that I get
    the circles displayed but the radius is still affected by the
    transform.

    e.g. for a 1100 by 700 svg image

    <svg>
    <g transform='scale(0.102592799850774,0.241129865656218)
    translate(-24234,-1604)'>
    <circle cx='25957' cy='2036' r='30px' stroke='black' stroke-width='2'
    fill='red'/>
    <circle cx='27332' cy='2770' r='30px' stroke='black' stroke-width='2'
    fill='red'/>
    <circle cx='34956' cy='1732' r='30px' stroke='black' stroke-width='2'
    fill='red'/>
    </g>
    </svg>
    , May 13, 2006
  4. wrote:

    > Why do I ask here? Because there doesn't seem to be any (active) SVG
    > groups and a google groups search shows that this group is active and
    > has had quite a lot of SVG questions answered.

    A general SVG group like comp.text.xml is appropriate for SVG. And the
    list/group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/svg-developers/ is dedicated to
    SVG and has daily traffic.

    --

    Martin Honnen