    directory. Online the command os.chdir is said to change the
    directory, but it keeps giving an error, and saying that os is not
    recognized. Variations on this code do not seem to work either.

    Michael Rauh, Jan 18, 2011

  2. Michael Rauh

    Alan Meyer Guest

    On 01/18/2011 06:26 PM, Michael Rauh wrote:
    > I am new to python, and attempting to install the learning module
    > swampy. http://www.greenteapress.com/thinkpython/swampy/install.html
    > Unfortunately, I am attempting to do this on windows vista, which does
    > not appear to be cooperating. Once I click on the install link, it
    > puts the file on the computer, and even if I place the file into the
    > source folder for python, it still says that there is no module
    > swampy. How can I get python to recognize the module as being there,
    > and to run the suite? I admit, I may be placing it in the wrong
    > directory, as I have so far been unable to change the working
    > directory. Online the command os.chdir is said to change the
    > directory, but it keeps giving an error, and saying that os is not
    > recognized. Variations on this code do not seem to work either.

    Did you run:

    python setup.py install

    After you unzip the package you should see a program named "setup.py"
    which is a standard convention for a program to install a package.

    There's information about all this, for example at:
    http://docs.python.org/install/index.html, however you might find it a
    little overwhelming until you get further into Python.

    Good luck.

    Alan

    Alan Meyer, Jan 25, 2011