    my pictures.

    Some advice would be great

    Stijn
    Stijn Goris, Aug 19, 2004

  2. Stijn Goris

    SpaceGirl Guest

    Stijn Goris wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > My site www.s11mate.be uses a swapimage (standard Dreamweaver JScript). When
    > I run the site localy the swapimage is fast as it should be. Running on the
    > webserver swapimage is slow. Pinging www.s11mate.be resulted in a 137 ms
    > delay (not that much) and I get 300 KB/s download from that server. Since
    > JSript is a client side language how can the server interfere with it? I
    > also find the loading times of the site to slow. My provider blames my site
    > design which is too heavy but thats just a lot of crap since I reuse lots of
    > my pictures.
    >
    > Some advice would be great
    >
    > Stijn

    The server cannot effect the way JS runs... it *has* to be something on
    your site.

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Aug 19, 2004

  3. Stijn Goris

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Stijn Goris wrote:

    > My site www.s11mate.be uses a swapimage (standard Dreamweaver JScript). When
    > I run the site localy the swapimage is fast as it should be. Running on the
    > webserver swapimage is slow.

    Does your javascript preload the swapped-in images?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Now Playing ~ ./dido/no_angel/05_all_you_want.ogg
    Toby Inkster, Aug 19, 2004
  4. Stijn Goris

    Matt Clara Guest

    "Toby Inkster" <> wrote in message
    > Stijn Goris wrote:
    >
    > > My site www.s11mate.be uses a swapimage (standard Dreamweaver JScript).

    When
    > > I run the site localy the swapimage is fast as it should be. Running on

    the
    > > webserver swapimage is slow.

    > Does your javascript preload the swapped-in images?

    That's my first question, too. There also used to be a problem with Apache
    servers and certain IE browsers where preloading simply wasn't happening,
    even if specified. Whether that's been cleaned up now or not, I don't know.

    --
    Regards,
    Matt Clara
    Matt Clara, Aug 20, 2004