swap image is slow

Stijn Goris

Hi all,

My site www.s11mate.be uses a swapimage (standard Dreamweaver JScript). When
I run the site localy the swapimage is fast as it should be. Running on the
webserver swapimage is slow. Pinging www.s11mate.be resulted in a 137 ms
delay (not that much) and I get 300 KB/s download from that server. Since
JSript is a client side language how can the server interfere with it? I
also find the loading times of the site to slow. My provider blames my site
design which is too heavy but thats just a lot of crap since I reuse lots of
my pictures.

Some advice would be great

Stijn

SpaceGirl

Stijn said:
Hi all,

My site www.s11mate.be uses a swapimage (standard Dreamweaver JScript). When
I run the site localy the swapimage is fast as it should be. Running on the
webserver swapimage is slow. Pinging www.s11mate.be resulted in a 137 ms
delay (not that much) and I get 300 KB/s download from that server. Since
JSript is a client side language how can the server interfere with it? I
also find the loading times of the site to slow. My provider blames my site
design which is too heavy but thats just a lot of crap since I reuse lots of
my pictures.

Some advice would be great

Stijn

The server cannot effect the way JS runs... it *has* to be something on
your site.

--

x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

Toby Inkster

Stijn said:
My site www.s11mate.be uses a swapimage (standard Dreamweaver JScript). When
I run the site localy the swapimage is fast as it should be. Running on the
webserver swapimage is slow.

Does your javascript preload the swapped-in images?

Matt Clara

Toby Inkster said:
Does your javascript preload the swapped-in images?

That's my first question, too. There also used to be a problem with Apache
servers and certain IE browsers where preloading simply wasn't happening,
even if specified. Whether that's been cleaned up now or not, I don't know.