Swen E-Mail Zapper Utility

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Zane Thomas [.NET/C# MVP], Sep 23, 2003.

  1. If, like me, your connection is being swamped downloading copies of the Swen
    Worm and bounce messages, you might find the utility I wrote today useful.

    Source for the utility is distributed with the Abderaware Mail for .NET demo
    package. Later (tonight?) I'll _may_, time permitting, make an executable only
    with the registered version of the components so that the hourly nag-screen does
    not have to be tolerated.

    After installation the utility is found in the Abderaware\Mail.Net\Tutorials
    directory. There is a .config file you use to set the server name and a few
    other essential parameters.

    The utility has one switch: /d. If you run the program without the switch you
    will be informed as to what the program would delete, and not delete, when run
    with the switch. Specifying the /d switch will permanently delete messages from
    the specified server. You are responsible for determining that is what you want
    to do.

    It is intended that for the duration of the flooding that you can turn off
    automatic message download in your email program, run SwenZapper periodically,
    and then immediately have your email program download whatever's left.

    Download from the Products\.NET Mail\.NET Internet Classes\Mail folder at
    www.abderaware.com.

    --
    Abderaware
    Fine Components For .NET