Swen E-Mail Zapper Utility

Zane Thomas [.NET/C# MVP]

If, like me, your connection is being swamped downloading copies of the Swen
Worm and bounce messages, you might find the utility I wrote today useful.

Source for the utility is distributed with the Abderaware Mail for .NET demo
package. Later (tonight?) I'll _may_, time permitting, make an executable only
with the registered version of the components so that the hourly nag-screen does
not have to be tolerated.

After installation the utility is found in the Abderaware\Mail.Net\Tutorials
directory. There is a .config file you use to set the server name and a few
other essential parameters.

The utility has one switch: /d. If you run the program without the switch you
will be informed as to what the program would delete, and not delete, when run
with the switch. Specifying the /d switch will permanently delete messages from
the specified server. You are responsible for determining that is what you want
to do.

It is intended that for the duration of the flooding that you can turn off
automatic message download in your email program, run SwenZapper periodically,
and then immediately have your email program download whatever's left.

Download from the Products\.NET Mail\.NET Internet Classes\Mail folder at
www.abderaware.com.