SWF and Image Map don't work together

jj

Hi, originally I had a picture with an image map over it, so that if I click
on a part of a picture I get linked to a certain hyperlink. I decided to be
a little more creative and came up with a .swf file (Macromedia - Flash
Player) of the same image that I originally had. Now the image map no
longer works. When I click on a part of the picture the hyperlinks no
longer work.

My question is, is there a way of putting an Image Map over a SWF file so
that when I click on a certain part of the swf picture/movie, I get
connected to a certain hyperlink?

Thanks for you help.

Flash Player

brucie

in post:
<
jj said:
Hi, originally I had a picture with an image map over it, so that if I click
on a part of a picture I get linked to a certain hyperlink.

i hope you also had normal links as backup
My question is, is there a way of putting an Image Map over a SWF file so
that when I click on a certain part of the swf picture/movie, I get
connected to a certain hyperlink?

build the functionality into your flash and don't forget the normal
links as backup.

jj

(sorry if 2 copies of this exist - the previous copy seems not to have made
it here)

Normal links exist as back up. Thanks for the heads up. page in question
is www.jacksnest.com/trip/index.htm . The SWF version can be found at
www.jacksnest.com/trip/index2.htm .

How do I build in hyperlink / Image Mapping functionality into Flash? I'm
using Flash 4, and I won't hide the fact that I'm quite new at this (it
probably shows).

I looked around and can't figure out a way of doing this.

brucie

in post:
<
Normal links exist as back up. Thanks for the heads up. page in question
is www.jacksnest.com/trip/index.htm . The SWF version can be found at
www.jacksnest.com/trip/index2.htm .

i don't have flash support
How do I build in hyperlink / Image Mapping functionality into Flash?

dunno, i don't do flash. ask a flash person in a flash group.

please don't toppost, it upsets the little voices

How am I supposed to post my replies in a newsgroup?:
http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

Hywel

Hi, originally I had a picture with an image map over it, so that if I click
on a part of a picture I get linked to a certain hyperlink. I decided to be
a little more creative and came up with a .swf file (Macromedia - Flash
Player) of the same image that I originally had. Now the image map no
longer works. When I click on a part of the picture the hyperlinks no
longer work.

My question is, is there a way of putting an Image Map over a SWF file so
that when I click on a certain part of the swf picture/movie, I get
connected to a certain hyperlink?

Why don't you just embed the map in the Flash movie? IIRC, Flash runs
in its own window and so is separated from the web page. Whitecrest?