swfobject is undefined

TonnyD

Im trying to install this poll "poll4web". its a flash based poll. I
have to incorperate this script into the page, but I keep getting a
error that says "swfobject" if undefined. And on preview the plugin
says the following; "Loading Error: Cant find settings xml file in
this location: settings.xml specified in in your html file. Please
make sure that 'settingsXML' and 'base' in your html file parameters
are defined correctly"
I have all the files uploaded to the site. folder is named "poll"

Here is the script i have. What do you guys think the problem is?

<head>
charset=windows-1252">
<title>New Page 1</title>
<script src"poll/swfobject.js" language="javascript"></script>
</head>

5px;margin:0px 0px 0px 0px"></div>

<script type="text/javascript">
var flash = new swfobject ("http://www.the-amt.com/poll/
votingTool.swf", "flash", "200", "240", "8.0.0", "#E6EAF2")
flash.addParam("wmode", "window");
flash.addParam("base", "poll/");
flash.addParam("align", "middle");
flash.addVariable("settingsURL", "poll/settings.xml");
flash.addParam("scale", "noscale");
flash.write("flash")
</script>

&nbsp;</p>

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000" id="obj1"
codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/
swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" border="0" width="399" height="395">
<param name="movie" value="http://www.the-amt.com/poll/
votingTool.swf">
<param name="quality" value="High">
<embed src="http://www.the-amt.com/poll/votingTool.swf"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="obj1" width="399"
height="395" quality="High"></object>

TonnyD

i was able to figure out the problem with the error on the plugin. I
forgot to add the base URL. But i still cant figure out how to fix the
problem with the error; "swfobject" if undefined. Still need help with
that

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

TonnyD said:
Im trying to install this poll "poll4web". its a flash based poll.

And how representative do you think could the poll result be? A result of a
poll that requires two not universally available technologies already to be
viewed, let alone being voted on?
I have to incorperate this script into the page, but I keep getting a
error that says "swfobject" if undefined. And on preview the plugin
says the following; "Loading Error: Cant find settings xml file in
this location: settings.xml specified in in your html file. Please
make sure that 'settingsXML' and 'base' in your html file parameters
are defined correctly"

You should definitely RTFM.
I have all the files uploaded to the site. folder is named "poll"

Here is the script i have. What do you guys think the problem is?

[snipped invalid HTML]

Whatever the real problem is, one part of the solution is using
http://validator.w3.org/

PointedEars

TonnyD

wow found it. It was all because of a ">". Although I still have
problems with the script. I keep getting undefined instead of numbers
for the poll. Here is a link to the page. http://www.the-amt.com/new_page_1.htm
It works when you vote, but when you hit refresh none of the
information is saved. I dont know if any of you can help unless your
familier with this script and the files. I sent an e-mail to the site
that sales the product. If any one happends to know the issue that
would be great. The files included are;

init.php
main.php
settings.xml