    Could you help me what to do? Maybe some of us had such problem before?

    Thank you in advance
    Marcin
    K., Oct 15, 2007

  2. K.

    David Mark Guest

    On Oct 15, 5:20 am, "K." <> wrote:
    > Hello!
    >
    > I have a problem with javascript script called: SWFObject.

    So do a lot of people.

    > I have a web page which displays on IE 7.0. i Firefox in a good way.
    > All flash objects are displayed on a web page.

    I think it would be better if none of them displayed. If I were
    visiting your site, that is what I would prefer.

    > The problem is on IE 6.0. I have i.e. 9 flash swf objects, but only 6 of
    > them
    > are displayed. I don`t know why. I think it is not my fault as a code
    > programmer.

    It is your fault for using Flash movies and then relying on somebody
    else's supposed expertise to implement them.

    > Could you help me what to do? Maybe some of us had such problem before?

    Since you haven't posted your markup or script, it is unlikely that
    anyone can help.
    David Mark, Oct 15, 2007

  3. K.

    Stevo Guest

    K. wrote:
    > I have a problem with javascript script called: SWFObject.
    > Could you help me what to do? Maybe some of us had such problem before?

    I don't use SWFObject myself but I think you'll most likely find your
    answer at the SWFObject forum.

    http://blog.deconcept.com/swfobject/forum/
    Stevo, Oct 15, 2007
  4. K.

    K. Guest

    Uzytkownik "David Mark" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    > On Oct 15, 5:20 am, "K." <> wrote:
    >> Hello!
    >>
    >> I have a problem with javascript script called: SWFObject.

    > So do a lot of people.
    >
    >> I have a web page which displays on IE 7.0. i Firefox in a good way.
    >> All flash objects are displayed on a web page.

    > I think it would be better if none of them displayed. If I were
    > visiting your site, that is what I would prefer.
    >
    >> The problem is on IE 6.0. I have i.e. 9 flash swf objects, but only 6 of
    >> them
    >> are displayed. I don`t know why. I think it is not my fault as a code
    >> programmer.

    > It is your fault for using Flash movies and then relying on somebody
    > else's supposed expertise to implement them.
    >

    >> Could you help me what to do? Maybe some of us had such problem before?

    > Since you haven't posted your markup or script, it is unlikely that
    > anyone can help.

    Here is the page www.forumtransportu.pl
    Here is the js code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    // <![CDATA[
    var so = new SWFObject("banner.php?id=25", "fl_mini25_f", "130", "50",
    "7", "#ffffff");
    so.addVariable("quality", "high");
    so.addVariable("clickTag", "bannerclick.php%3Fid%3D25");
    so.write("fl_mini"+25);

    $(document).ready(function() {
    so.write("flashcontent");
    });
    // ]]>

    Thanx
    Marcin
    K., Oct 15, 2007
  5. K.

    David Mark Guest

    On Oct 15, 5:54 am, "K." <> wrote:
    > Uzytkownik "David Mark" <> napisal w wiadomoscinews:...
    >

    > > On Oct 15, 5:20 am, "K." <> wrote:
    > >> Hello!

    > >> I have a problem with javascript script called: SWFObject.

    > > So do a lot of people.

    > >> I have a web page which displays on IE 7.0. i Firefox in a good way.
    > >> All flash objects are displayed on a web page.

    > > I think it would be better if none of them displayed. If I were
    > > visiting your site, that is what I would prefer.

    > >> The problem is on IE 6.0. I have i.e. 9 flash swf objects, but only 6 of
    > >> them
    > >> are displayed. I don`t know why. I think it is not my fault as a code
    > >> programmer.

    > > It is your fault for using Flash movies and then relying on somebody
    > > else's supposed expertise to implement them.

    > >> Could you help me what to do? Maybe some of us had such problem before?

    > > Since you haven't posted your markup or script, it is unlikely that
    > > anyone can help.

    > Here is the pagewww.forumtransportu.pl
    > Here is the js code:
    > <script type="text/javascript">
    > // <![CDATA[
    > var so = new SWFObject("banner.php?id=25", "fl_mini25_f", "130", "50",
    > "7", "#ffffff");
    > so.addVariable("quality", "high");
    > so.addVariable("clickTag", "bannerclick.php%3Fid%3D25");
    > so.write("fl_mini"+25);
    >
    > $(document).ready(function() {
    > so.write("flashcontent");

    This can't be all of the code as there is no $ function in JavaScript,
    nor is there a ready method of the document object. I assume you are
    using jQuery or the like. Not unsurprisingly, the page threw a script
    error when I hit it with IE7.

    Also, you have more than two Flash movies. This only accounts for two
    and they are apparently using the same movie (banner.php?id=25.) (?)

    And why are you writing one inline and one when the document is
    "ready?" That makes no sense to me. I can't remember if SWFObject
    uses document.write or innerHTML, but the former will cause problems
    if called after the document is parsed and the latter can cause
    problems when used before the page is fully parsed.

    You need a simplified test case.
    David Mark, Oct 15, 2007
  6. K.

    > On Oct 15, 5:54 am, "K." <> wrote:
    >> Uzytkownik "David Mark" <> napisal w
    >> wiadomoscinews:...

    >> > So do a lot of people.

    >> > I think it would be better if none of them displayed. If I were
    >> > visiting your site, that is what I would prefer.

    >> > It is your fault for using Flash movies and then relying on somebody
    >> > else's supposed expertise to implement them.

    >> > Since you haven't posted your markup or script, it is unlikely that
    >> > anyone can help.

    >> Here is the pagewww.forumtransportu.pl
    >> Here is the js code:
    >> <script type="text/javascript">
    >> // <![CDATA[
    >> var so = new SWFObject("banner.php?id=25", "fl_mini25_f",
    >> "130", "50",
    >> "7", "#ffffff");
    >> so.addVariable("quality", "high");
    >> so.addVariable("clickTag", "bannerclick.php%3Fid%3D25");
    >> so.write("fl_mini"+25);
    >>
    >> $(document).ready(function() {
    >> so.write("flashcontent");

    > This can't be all of the code as there is no $ function in JavaScript,
    > nor is there a ready method of the document object. I assume you are
    > using jQuery or the like. Not unsurprisingly, the page threw a script
    > error when I hit it with IE7.
    >
    > Also, you have more than two Flash movies. This only accounts for two
    > and they are apparently using the same movie (banner.php?id=25.) (?)
    >
    > And why are you writing one inline and one when the document is
    > "ready?" That makes no sense to me. I can't remember if SWFObject
    > uses document.write or innerHTML, but the former will cause problems
    > if called after the document is parsed and the latter can cause
    > problems when used before the page is fully parsed.
    >
    > You need a simplified test case.

    I added

    $(document).ready(function() { so.write("flashcontent");}

    because I hope it will help on IE 6.0., but it didn`t help.

    Firstly I have such code

    <script type="text/javascript">
    // <![CDATA[
    var so = new SWFObject("banner.php?id=25", "fl_mini25_f", "130", "50",
    "7", "#ffffff");
    so.addVariable("quality", "high");
    so.addVariable("clickTag", "bannerclick.php%3Fid%3D25");
    so.write("fl_mini"+25);

    $(document).ready(function() {
    so.write("flashcontent");
    });
    // ]]>

    and this is the original code, which cause the problem.

    The page has such struncture, that after reloading the page, every time
    different flash movie is displayed till the end of added banners into
    database.
    When the banner is the last, next shown banner (after reloading) will be the
    first
    from the order, so the banners are display in the loop, but the code is
    written in php.

    Can you help?

    M.
    K., Oct 15, 2007
  7. K.

    K. Guest

    Now I know what solution is.
    I visited the office where this problem took place.
    I`ve noticed that no Flash Player were installed.
    I installed Flash Player and implemented the code
    which checks if the browser has Flash Player installed
    and if no it automaticaly download the Flash Player
    from Macromedia web page. If I did so, everything
    started working fine:)

    Thank you for your help
    Marcin
    K., Oct 17, 2007