SWFOBject problem on IE 6.0.

K.

Hello!

I have a problem with javascript script called: SWFObject.
I have a web page which displays on IE 7.0. i Firefox in a good way.
All flash objects are displayed on a web page.
The problem is on IE 6.0. I have i.e. 9 flash swf objects, but only 6 of
them
are displayed. I don`t know why. I think it is not my fault as a code
programmer.

Could you help me what to do? Maybe some of us had such problem before?

Thank you in advance
Marcin

David Mark

Hello!

I have a problem with javascript script called: SWFObject.

So do a lot of people.
I have a web page which displays on IE 7.0. i Firefox in a good way.
All flash objects are displayed on a web page.

I think it would be better if none of them displayed. If I were
visiting your site, that is what I would prefer.
The problem is on IE 6.0. I have i.e. 9 flash swf objects, but only 6 of
them
are displayed. I don`t know why. I think it is not my fault as a code
programmer.

It is your fault for using Flash movies and then relying on somebody
else's supposed expertise to implement them.
Could you help me what to do? Maybe some of us had such problem before?

Since you haven't posted your markup or script, it is unlikely that
anyone can help.

K.

Uzytkownik "David Mark said:
So do a lot of people.

I think it would be better if none of them displayed. If I were
visiting your site, that is what I would prefer.

It is your fault for using Flash movies and then relying on somebody
else's supposed expertise to implement them.

Since you haven't posted your markup or script, it is unlikely that
anyone can help.

Here is the page www.forumtransportu.pl
Here is the js code:
<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
var so = new SWFObject("banner.php?id=25", "fl_mini25_f", "130", "50",
"7", "#ffffff");
so.addVariable("quality", "high");
so.addVariable("clickTag", "bannerclick.php%3Fid%3D25");
so.write("fl_mini"+25);

$(document).ready(function() {
so.write("flashcontent");
});
// ]]>

Thanx
Marcin

David Mark

Uzytkownik "David Mark" <[email protected]> napisal w wiadomosci

So do a lot of people.
I think it would be better if none of them displayed. If I were
visiting your site, that is what I would prefer.
It is your fault for using Flash movies and then relying on somebody
else's supposed expertise to implement them.
Since you haven't posted your markup or script, it is unlikely that
anyone can help.

Here is the pagewww.forumtransportu.pl
Here is the js code:
<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
var so = new SWFObject("banner.php?id=25", "fl_mini25_f", "130", "50",
"7", "#ffffff");
so.addVariable("quality", "high");
so.addVariable("clickTag", "bannerclick.php%3Fid%3D25");
so.write("fl_mini"+25);

$(document).ready(function() {
so.write("flashcontent");

This can't be all of the code as there is no $ function in JavaScript,
nor is there a ready method of the document object. I assume you are
using jQuery or the like. Not unsurprisingly, the page threw a script
error when I hit it with IE7.

Also, you have more than two Flash movies. This only accounts for two
and they are apparently using the same movie (banner.php?id=25.) (?)

And why are you writing one inline and one when the document is
"ready?" That makes no sense to me. I can't remember if SWFObject
uses document.write or innerHTML, but the former will cause problems
if called after the document is parsed and the latter can cause
problems when used before the page is fully parsed.

You need a simplified test case.

K.

Uzytkownik "David Mark said:
[...]

I added

$(document).ready(function() { so.write("flashcontent");}

because I hope it will help on IE 6.0., but it didn`t help.

Firstly I have such code

<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
var so = new SWFObject("banner.php?id=25", "fl_mini25_f", "130", "50",
"7", "#ffffff");
so.addVariable("quality", "high");
so.addVariable("clickTag", "bannerclick.php%3Fid%3D25");
so.write("fl_mini"+25);

$(document).ready(function() {
so.write("flashcontent");
});
// ]]>

and this is the original code, which cause the problem.

The page has such struncture, that after reloading the page, every time
different flash movie is displayed till the end of added banners into
database.
When the banner is the last, next shown banner (after reloading) will be the
first
from the order, so the banners are display in the loop, but the code is
written in php.

Can you help?

M.

K.

Now I know what solution is.
I visited the office where this problem took place.
I`ve noticed that no Flash Player were installed.
I installed Flash Player and implemented the code
which checks if the browser has Flash Player installed
and if no it automaticaly download the Flash Player
from Macromedia web page. If I did so, everything
started working fine:)

Thank you for your help
Marcin