Swig-Mingw-DistUtil Extension - Entry Point Not Found?

Discussion in 'Python' started by kpd, Dec 2, 2005.

  1. kpd

    kpd Guest

    I am using distutils and mingw to create an extension from some C++
    code for Python 2.4.1.
    It builds fine, but on import the following error comes up:

    python.exe - Entry Point Not Found
    The procedure entry point _ctype could not be locatid in the dynamic
    link library msvcr71.dll

    I am not using ctype directly, but references to it apprear to be
    linked in by mingw in the resulting pyd file.

    I recreated a sample extension using some simple c code and that works
    fine.
    I'll try creating a simple sample and C++ tomorrow and see if that is
    the problem.

    Has anyone run across this before or have some ideas where I can start
    looking?

    kpd, Dec 2, 2005

  2. kpd

    Guest

    I was able to build a working extension module under 2.4 / cygwin-mingw
    by declaring the following:

    short ** _imp___ctype = 0;

    ( I put it at the top of my swig .i file ). This potentially dangerous
    tip is from:
    http://www.nabble.com/msvcr71-t336430.html

    , Dec 16, 2005