Swig-Mingw-DistUtil Extension - Entry Point Not Found?

kpd

I am using distutils and mingw to create an extension from some C++
code for Python 2.4.1.
It builds fine, but on import the following error comes up:

python.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point _ctype could not be locatid in the dynamic
link library msvcr71.dll

I am not using ctype directly, but references to it apprear to be
linked in by mingw in the resulting pyd file.

I recreated a sample extension using some simple c code and that works
fine.
I'll try creating a simple sample and C++ tomorrow and see if that is
the problem.

Has anyone run across this before or have some ideas where I can start
looking?