Swig - problem with visual c++ extension exercise

Discussion in 'Python' started by S Green, Nov 26, 2003.

  1. S Green

    S Green Guest

    I keep getting an error unresolved external symbol initexample when
    running
    python setup.py build,

    .....for a basic example.cpp, c++ extension exercise for python.

    I did however successfully create an example_wrap.c.

    I how do I resolve this?

    (based this exercise on Siegfried Gonzi's news group message dated
    16/04/2002, which used a setup.py to generate the necessary files)

    cheers

    S Green

    S Green, Nov 26, 2003

  2. S Green

    Lyle Johnson Guest

    S Green wrote:

    > I keep getting an error unresolved external symbol initexample when
    > running python setup.py build,

    <snip>

    This problem is not unique to Visual C++. Please see this section of the
    SWIG documentation (19.2.3, "Compiling a dynamic module"):

    http://www.swig.org/Doc1.3/Python.html#n6

    and pay special attention to the last two paragraphs in that section
    (beginning with "When linking the module, ...").

    Hope this helps,

    Lyle

    Lyle Johnson, Nov 26, 2003