Swing problem with layout and several panels

Discussion in 'Java' started by Eva, Jan 21, 2005.

  1. Eva

    Eva Guest

    Hello, I have a problem that is making me mad.
    I have an application with a menubar that lets me change the JPanel to
    show.
    This panels are using gridBagLayout to localize and resize their
    graphical components.
    When I have five created panels to show all is rigth. If the number of
    panels is greater (so number of graphical components grow) and I use
    the menubar to see one of my panels, the layout redistribute the
    components without sense.
    It resizes the components , localizes them with greater y positions

    I have tryed with another layout manager (BorderLayout and FlowLayout)
    but the result is the same.
    I have tryed to set preferred , minimum and maximum size attributes of
    components but the result is the same.
    Is there no way to lock a layout?

    Is there anyone with the same problem? Please I need some clue.
    Thanks in advanced.
    Eva

    Eva, Jan 21, 2005

  2. On 21 Jan 2005 00:55:43 -0800, Eva wrote:

    > Hello, I have a problem that is making me mad.

    Going 'multi-postal', eh? ;-)

    I was about to begin to respond to your post on c.l.j.help when I
    noticed this post. Intead I will say this.

    Please refrain from multi-posting.
    <http://www.physci.org/codes/javafaq.jsp#xpost>

    [ Note - copy pasted from c.l.j.g. response. ]

    --
    Andrew Thompson

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 21, 2005