Switch images at timed interval

dorayme

"Jonathan N. Little said:
Ooh yesssss! They've dropped the price form $849 setup to only $449!,
plus $79 per month...a bit steep for a poor starving artist.
Additionally is asynchronous downloading nice but upload not much better
than my dialup. Number of friends have gotten it around here...uptime
hasn't been too impressive.

Well, it is not cheap, that is true. You need a corporate client
with some bucckeroos to make it worthwhile. Just a thought for
you: you may be able to pick up some corporate work for printing
and offer to supply your artwork via server; these days, everyone
is rushing to China to get things printed. It is a great
convenience for the printer, wherever they are, to have access to
artwork and the pics online. No need to burn to CD and post, also
great if you realise a mistake has been made or the company or
printer asks for "after last minute" changes! But one does need
reliable and reasonable upload speed, you are right to mention
this bottleneck.

The other thing that might make it economical for you is that you
can receive biggish pics and material from clients to do your
work, either for artwork or websites; for the former, it is
obvious, for the latter, it saves having to keep insisting that
big pics are not needed for website and please send only...

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 01:00:34
GMT Jonathan N. Little scribed:
No cable...too far out of civilization. Verizon barely manage to keep
the phone lines working for voice, not DSL, no ISDN. Maybe carrier
pigeon...

Alas, such is the price of a rustic existence.

When I was in Paro, the steep mountains made even satellite impossible.
Sure, we tried to convince NASA to orbit a geo-stationary repeater above
The Land of the Thunder Dragon, but they said, "No way, Bhu Bhu."

Well, at least you have all your ducks, gooses, and Ibizan hounds to yak
about. Generally speaking, though, I thank God I'm a country boy no mo'.

Jonathan N. Little

Neredbojias said:
Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 01:00:34
GMT Jonathan N. Little scribed:

Alas, such is the price of a rustic existence.

When I was in Paro, the steep mountains made even satellite impossible.
Sure, we tried to convince NASA to orbit a geo-stationary repeater above
The Land of the Thunder Dragon, but they said, "No way, Bhu Bhu."

Well, at least you have all your ducks, gooses, and Ibizan hounds to yak
about. Generally speaking, though, I thank God I'm a country boy no mo'.

I love the quiet and that I can't see my neighbors, but I'm out of milk
so I have to go schlep out 35 miles to get some...that part's a drag.

John Hosking

Jonathan said:
I love the quiet and that I can't see my neighbors, but I'm out of milk
so I have to go schlep out 35 miles to get some...that part's a drag.

You should move your barn closer to your house.

Jonathan N. Little

John said:
You should move your barn closer to your house.
Funny you should say, we use to have milk goats when the kids were
little. Self-employed is bad enough but dairy farming is insane. Twice a
day, every day, you must be home and milking!

Blinky the Shark

Jonathan said:
I love the quiet and that I can't see my neighbors, but I'm out of milk
so I have to go schlep out 35 miles to get some...that part's a drag.

Consider keeping your cow on your *own* property. :)

Neredbojias

Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Sat, 21 Jul 2007 12:41:29
GMT Jonathan N. Little scribed:
I love the quiet and that I can't see my neighbors, but I'm out of
milk so I have to go schlep out 35 miles to get some...that part's a
drag.

Are your neighbors really that ugly?

Anyway, I know what you mean by the "schlep"ping part. When I was a kid I
used to schlep thru 7 miles or more of rain, snow, sleet, and hail on many
a school day! Made it a bite to ditch, especially since the school was
only a block away.