switch to interactive mode

nntpman68

Hi

I know about two ways to enter python interactive mode

1.) just start python

2.) run python -i pythonscript.py

What I am looking for is slightly different:

I'd like, that a python script can be started by just calling it
(clicking on it),

but that the script can decide to enter interactive mode if certain
conditions occur.

Is this possible?

JBW

I'd like, that a python script can be started by just calling it
(clicking on it),

but that the script can decide to enter interactive mode if certain
conditions occur.

Is this possible?

Don't know about the clicky-clicky part, but I've used code.interact to
do something similar.

JBW

Mike Driscoll

Hi

I know about two ways to enter python interactive mode

1.) just start python

2.) run python -i pythonscript.py

What I am looking for is slightly different:

I'd like, that a python script can be started by just calling it
(clicking on it),

but that the script can decide to enter interactive mode if certain
conditions occur.

Is this possible?

That sounds kind of like needing to embed the interpreter. I would
recommend looking into that. Wingware's Wing IDE has this feature
where you can run the program up a breakpoint and then use their
debugger to interact with the variables and objects and such.

Mike