Switch to .ruby extension?

Karl von Laudermann

Neil Stevens said:
Yes, make sure to do /usr/bin/env ruby, not /usr/local/bin/ruby. The former
will work work for more people (like those who have to put ruby in
$(HOME)/bin).

I just tried that, but I get an error if I try to pass ruby any
command line options, like -w. Is there a way around this?

The error I get is:
env: ruby -w: No such file or directory

Neil Stevens

Karl said:
I just tried that, but I get an error if I try to pass ruby any
command line options, like -w. Is there a way around this?

The error I get is:
env: ruby -w: No such file or directory

Works here. That's unfortunate if it doesn't work everywhere.