Switching between static field and input text

hierro77

On my webpage, I've a list of bookmarks, which is just a list of
hyperlinks. I need a way to allow the user to rename the bookmarks.
i.e. when the user clicks Rename on a pull down menu, the static text
of the bookmark changes to an input box over the same area to allow him
to enter the new name. After entering, the input box changes back to
the static text hyperlink. In fact, this is just like it is for IE
favorites renaming.

How to do all this?

hywel.jenkins

On my webpage, I've a list of bookmarks, which is just a list of
hyperlinks. I need a way to allow the user to rename the bookmarks.
i.e. when the user clicks Rename on a pull down menu, the static text
of the bookmark changes to an input box over the same area to allow him
to enter the new name. After entering, the input box changes back to
the static text hyperlink. In fact, this is just like it is for IE
favorites renaming.

How to do all this?

Two <div> or <span> elements, one for the text, one for the form field,
and some scripting to toggle them on or off.

hierro77

Thanks, but how do I make the text and form field overlap at exactly
the same position?