Switching from Apche to LiteSpeed

Íßêïò Ãêñ33ê

Just today i changed from HostGator to EZPZ, which means from Apache Web Server to LiteSpeed.

Does anyone know why iam seeing what iam seeing at http://superhost.gr

I see weird encoding although inside my python script i have:

#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding=utf-8 -*

Also dod you advise me to switch to VPS because none of the above webhosters is willing to support Python3 + MySQLdb ?

With VPS i could isntall those packages myself and any other module i wish via 'pip install module'

What do you think?

John Gordon

In said:
Just today i changed from HostGator to EZPZ, which means from Apache Web Server to LiteSpeed.
Does anyone know why iam seeing what iam seeing at http://superhost.gr
I see weird encoding although inside my python script i have:
#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding=utf-8 -*

I believe the syntax is to use a colon, not an equal sign. i.e.:

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

Your example is also missing the final dash after the asterisk.

Mark Lawrence

Just today i changed from HostGator to EZPZ, which means from Apache Web Server to LiteSpeed.

Does anyone know why iam seeing what iam seeing at http://superhost.gr

I see weird encoding although inside my python script i have:

#!/usr/bin/python
# -*- coding=utf-8 -*

Also dod you advise me to switch to VPS because none of the above webhosters is willing to support Python3 + MySQLdb ?

With VPS i could isntall those packages myself and any other module i wish via 'pip install module'

What do you think?

I think you should get your cheque book out and make a donation to the PSF.

nagia.retsina

Τη ΔευτέÏα, 1 ΑπÏιλίου 2013 11:29:47 μ.μ. UTC+3, ο χÏήστης John Gordon έγÏαψε:
I believe the syntax is to use a colon, not an equal sign. i.e.:

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

Your example is also missing the final dash after the asterisk.

(e-mail address removed) B is for Basil, assaulted by bears

Thank you but even like you said i still see ncoding issues as seen in my webpage

Steven D'Aprano

In <[email protected]>

I believe the syntax is to use a colon, not an equal sign. i.e.:

# -*- coding: utf-8 -*-

Your example is also missing the final dash after the asterisk.

I don't think that will make a difference. Encoding declaration lines are
*very* flexible, and will match either a colon or equals sign. So long as
it matches this regular expression, it will be understood:

coding[=:]\s*([-\w.]+)

http://docs.python.org/2/reference/lexical_analysis.html#encoding-declarations

However, it is important that the encoding being declared matches the
actual encoding being used! For example, if you take a Latin-1 file, and
declare that it is UTF-8, it won't magically turn the Latin-1 file into
UTF-8. Instead you'll get bytes being decoded wrongly.