    Has anyone faced this problem, and if so what was the solution ?

    Regards,
    CR.

    Chakravarthy, Aug 21, 2006

  2. Chakravarthy

    Chakravarthy Guest

    Interestingly enough, if i create a new web site using HTTP (IIS) and then
    copy the earlier web site which was created using File system (without
    IIS), the application works, but the ASP.NET configuration returns a
    'connection failed' when i try to test the Provider configuration.

    Chakravarthy, Aug 21, 2006

  3. Chakravarthy

    Guest

    Chakravarthy ha scritto:

    > Not sure if this question has been addressed earlier.
    >
    > I create a web site using the default web server in VWD Express 2005. When i
    > then convert the folder to a IIS Virtual folder, the application stops
    > connecting to the (local)/ASPNETDB database which has the membership data
    > (created through the ASP.NET configuration).
    >
    > Has anyone faced this problem, and if so what was the solution ?
    >
    > Regards,
    > CR.

    My solution is:
    * Create a new website using directly http (on your IIS)
    * Configure the debug mode and the authentication using
    "WebSite->APS.NET Configuration" menu
    * Copy your real web site in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\<website> overwriting
    everything

    .... and finally it works !

    , Aug 23, 2006