Switching from local server to IIS in VWD Express

Chakravarthy

Not sure if this question has been addressed earlier.

I create a web site using the default web server in VWD Express 2005. When i
then convert the folder to a IIS Virtual folder, the application stops
connecting to the (local)/ASPNETDB database which has the membership data
(created through the ASP.NET configuration).

Has anyone faced this problem, and if so what was the solution ?

Regards,
CR.

Chakravarthy

Interestingly enough, if i create a new web site using HTTP (IIS) and then
copy the earlier web site which was created using File system (without
IIS), the application works, but the ASP.NET configuration returns a
'connection failed' when i try to test the Provider configuration.

gianluca.scacco

Chakravarthy ha scritto:
Not sure if this question has been addressed earlier.

I create a web site using the default web server in VWD Express 2005. When i
then convert the folder to a IIS Virtual folder, the application stops
connecting to the (local)/ASPNETDB database which has the membership data
(created through the ASP.NET configuration).

Has anyone faced this problem, and if so what was the solution ?

Regards,
CR.

My solution is:
* Create a new website using directly http (on your IIS)
* Configure the debug mode and the authentication using
"WebSite->APS.NET Configuration" menu
* Copy your real web site in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\<website> overwriting
everything

.... and finally it works !