Switching from Webrick->Mongrel (not rails)

John Pritchard-williams

Hi,

For performance reason, I'm thinking of migrating my webapp (not rails)
from Webrick->Mongrel. Couple of questions if anybody could quickly
answer them !

1. Do I really have to re-write my Servlets ? - the examples given on
webrick and Mongrel site seem to have different APIs?

2. The Webrick site has a nice small example of starting up a webserver
and mounting a couple of servlets: so does the Mongrel site. The Webrick
version contains a 'trap' (so you can 'CTRL-C' to stop it): the Mongrel
version doesn't (and the 'trap' code doesn't translate..)

Anybody got a simple example of a Mongrel.rb file to start up a server
and to make it interruptible with a 'CTRL-C' (etc) ?

Thanks !

John

Roger Pack

Anybody got a simple example of a Mongrel.rb file to start up a server
and to make it interruptible with a 'CTRL-C' (etc) ?

Check out the mongrel docs and example files--I think there's one in
there.
-=R