Switching from Webrick->Mongrel (not rails)

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by John Pritchard-williams, Aug 28, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    For performance reason, I'm thinking of migrating my webapp (not rails)
    from Webrick->Mongrel. Couple of questions if anybody could quickly
    answer them !

    1. Do I really have to re-write my Servlets ? - the examples given on
    webrick and Mongrel site seem to have different APIs?

    2. The Webrick site has a nice small example of starting up a webserver
    and mounting a couple of servlets: so does the Mongrel site. The Webrick
    version contains a 'trap' (so you can 'CTRL-C' to stop it): the Mongrel
    version doesn't (and the 'trap' code doesn't translate..)

    Anybody got a simple example of a Mongrel.rb file to start up a server
    and to make it interruptible with a 'CTRL-C' (etc) ?

    Thanks !

    John

    John Pritchard-williams, Aug 28, 2008

  2. John Pritchard-williams

    Roger Pack Guest

    > Anybody got a simple example of a Mongrel.rb file to start up a server
    > and to make it interruptible with a 'CTRL-C' (etc) ?

    Check out the mongrel docs and example files--I think there's one in
    there.
    -=R

    Roger Pack, Aug 29, 2008