Switching JITs

MSNews

Hi,

I know that there are three JITs in CLR. But anybody of you tell me how I
can choose between these JITs?

Lot of Thanks in Advance.

Thanks and Regards
Emmanuel Mathew

Richard Grimes [MVP]

MSNews said:
Hi,

I know that there are three JITs in CLR. But anybody of you tell me how I
can choose between these JITs?

If possible, you chose the latest one :) (v1.1)

The longer answer is that you should check the version of the runtime that
your users have installed. The runtime redistributable is a 25Mb download,
so deployment of that may be an issue. If your users have v1.0 on their
machines then you may decide to use that one.

Once you have decided which you will use you use the compilers provided with
that version. When you compile your assembly the version of the framework
assemblies that you use and the version of the runtime will be hard coded
into your assembly. Your users will have to use that version (you can use a
configuration file to redirect versions, but its best just to ensure that
the version of the runtime that the assembly was written for matches the
version of the runtime on the machines.)

There is no way to use another version of the runtime at run time.

Richard