    Paul

    P.S.: I have already written this message yesterday, but for some reason I
    haven't received it, so I think it is lost...

    Paul, Jul 24, 2007

  2. Paul

    Cynode Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 14:50:48 +0200, "Paul"
    <> wrote:

    >But I am not quite sure that the effect is right visible on other monitors -
    >resolutions - browsers different from mine.
    >Coud you please have a look and tell me something about?

    If you mean the image thing on the far right that flips from one to
    the next, it works for me in Firefox 2, 1280X1024, but the bottom
    image overlaps the <hr> under it.

    --
    If it keeps up, man will atrophy all his limbs but the push-button finger.
    ~Frank Lloyd Wright - www.cynode.com | (NSFW) www.cynbabes.com (NWS)

    Cynode, Jul 25, 2007

  3. On Jul 24, 8:50 am, "Paul" <> wrote:
    > I have read the interesting suggestions presented in the post "Switch images
    > at timed interval" and put one of those effects in my web site

    MAN that is one butt ugly site! The LEAST of your worries are the
    images.

    Travis Newbury, Jul 25, 2007
  4. On 25 Jul 2007 Travis Newbury wrote in alt.html

    > On Jul 24, 8:50 am, "Paul" <> wrote:
    >> I have read the interesting suggestions presented in the post "Switch
    >> images at timed interval" and put one of those effects in my web site

    > MAN that is one butt ugly site! The LEAST of your worries are the
    > images.

    I like the site. Very cheerful in a purply sorta way.

    --
    D?
    Yorkshire Pete

    Yorkshire Pete, Jul 25, 2007
  5. Paul

    Paul Guest

    "Travis Newbury" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > On Jul 24, 8:50 am, "Paul" <> wrote:
    >> I have read the interesting suggestions presented in the post "Switch
    >> images
    >> at timed interval" and put one of those effects in my web site

    > MAN that is one butt ugly site! The LEAST of your worries are the
    > images.

    Thank you for your replies, I really appreciate them.
    I know very well that the site is not...fine, but in the past it was really
    worse.
    However, I think that the main thing for a web site for ecommerce is what it
    offers to visitors and the way the informations are presented and reached.
    Photos are optimized for fast download, items are completely and well
    described with great and detailed pictures, and visitors with orders are at
    the moment more than sufficient for us considering that the english market
    is new for us. And we are always in the first page or search engines, google
    too, increasing visitors and orders.
    A fine website having poor contents isn't useful.
    In the web we can see that a lot of sites have been constructed in the same
    way.
    A fine web home page that is very like to thousands of others isn't useful.
    Visitors don't distinguish it from others.
    Paul

    Paul, Jul 25, 2007
  6. Paul

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Jul 24, 7:50 am, "Paul" <> wrote:
    > I have read the interesting suggestions presented in the post "Switch images
    > at timed interval" and put one of those effects in my web site
    >
    > http://www.tortebomboniere.com/bomboniere/favourcake01.htmlusing some
    > photos of mine.
    > But I am not quite sure that the effect is right visible on other monitors -
    > resolutions - browsers different from mine.
    > Coud you please have a look and tell me something about?
    > Don't be too hard, I haven't very practice...

    Of course the dhtml effect does not show if javascript is turned off,
    but that causes no problems and does not harm the other parts of the
    page.

    The effect viewed well and about the same on recent versions of IE6,
    Firefox, Seamonkey, Opera,and Safari 3 for Windows. It even viewed on
    the very basic W3C Amaya which does not support script. You can set
    the screen very small, perhaps about 300px width, on Opera to get
    some idea about how the page might view on a small device such as a
    cell phone. The page works on this but it is reformatted so that it
    shows in one very long column so that you have to do a lot of vertical
    scrolling. When you get to the cake displays, one cake is show above
    the other in a narrow column. The dhtml effect still works, but it
    does cause the display to jump up and down a bit as it changes images.
    This is no problem if script is turned off. Of course few general web
    pages for PCs are ideal for cell phones. If you have many customers
    who order by cell phone, then you might want to write a special page
    for them.

    cwdjrxyz, Jul 26, 2007
  7. Paul

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:26:28
    GMT Travis Newbury scribed:

    > On Jul 24, 8:50 am, "Paul" <> wrote:
    >> I have read the interesting suggestions presented in the post "Switch
    >> images at timed interval" and put one of those effects in my web site

    > MAN that is one butt ugly site! The LEAST of your worries are the
    > images.

    Huh? I like it. Oh, it isn't perfect nor my ideal of sublime aesthetics,
    but overall I think it is better than most sites I run across. And
    furthermore, it's surprising that you, with your predilection for Flash, do
    not appreciate it more positively.

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Jul 26, 2007
  8. On Jul 25, 10:09 pm, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    > > MAN that is one butt ugly site! The LEAST of your worries are the
    > > images.

    > Huh? I like it. Oh, it isn't perfect nor my ideal of sublime aesthetics,
    > but overall I think it is better than most sites I run across. And
    > furthermore, it's surprising that you, with your predilection for Flash, do
    > not appreciate it more positively.

    Pink, Purple and lime green... yea, that fits into my idea of "isn't
    perfect..."

    Travis Newbury, Jul 26, 2007
  9. Paul

    Neredbojias Guest

    Well bust mah britches and call me cheeky, on Thu, 26 Jul 2007 09:48:22
    GMT Travis Newbury scribed:

    > On Jul 25, 10:09 pm, Neredbojias <> wrote:
    >> > MAN that is one butt ugly site! The LEAST of your worries are the
    >> > images.

    >> Huh? I like it. Oh, it isn't perfect nor my ideal of sublime
    >> aesthetics, but overall I think it is better than most sites I run
    >> across. And furthermore, it's surprising that you, with your
    >> predilection for Flash, do not appreciate it more positively.

    > Pink, Purple and lime green... yea, that fits into my idea of "isn't
    > perfect..."

    Well it's a cake site; those are very frostingy colors. True, the green
    sometimes makes the cakes look moldy, but perhaps certain ethnicities like
    their cakes aged, as cheese. Wait..! Maybe those _are_ cheese cakes!

    --
    Neredbojias

    Neredbojias, Jul 26, 2007
  10. Paul

    Paul Guest

    "cwdjrxyz" <> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > On Jul 24, 7:50 am, "Paul" <> wrote:
    >> I have read the interesting suggestions presented in the post "Switch
    >> images
    >> at timed interval" and put one of those effects in my web site
    >>
    >> http://www.tortebomboniere.com/bomboniere/favourcake01.htmlusing some
    >> photos of mine.

    > cut
    > The effect viewed well and about the same on recent versions of IE6,
    > cut

    Thank you very much for your test.
    Now I am thinking about....cheese cake as Neredbojias has written:)).
    All of you are right about wrong "brilliant" colors in my home page.
    So I have already made some changes and others will be made in the future.
    Till today infact I only have thinked about contents, but the grafic look
    has its (aesthetic) importance as you have made noted to me.
    Paul

    Paul, Jul 26, 2007