    Virtual Directory" button, the page will not run and will eror out.

    I do have IIS installed and running and the Virtual Directory does get
    created.

    Scott M., Jun 28, 2008

  2. Is ASP.NET registered with IIS?

    Try running
    aspnet_regiis -i
    from the Visual Studio command prompt.

    --
    Eliyahu Goldin,
    Software Developer
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/egoldin
    http://usableasp.net

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jun 29, 2008

  3. Scott M.

    Scott M. Guest

    Yes, it is. IIS was installed and running prior to the VS installation.
    Also, I can eventually get IIS to work if I go in to the site's properties
    via the IIS manager and tweak out the security and default document
    properties. But why doesn't VS take care of these things for me. By the
    way, I have experienced this behavior on many different VS 2008 (and 2005)
    installations.

    "Eliyahu Goldin" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Scott M., Jun 29, 2008
  4. If you are running on Vista, you have to start VS in administrator mode to
    be able to use IIS. Could it be the problem?

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jun 29, 2008
  5. Scott M.

    Scott M. Guest

    Nope. I am an admin on all my machines.

    "Eliyahu Goldin" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Scott M., Jun 29, 2008
  6. No, I mean you should run VS with elevated administrator permissions.
    Right-click the VS shortcut and select "Run as Administrator".

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jun 30, 2008
  7. Scott M.

    Scott M. Guest

    I don't follow you, the shortcut has me (an admin) on it for security, so it
    is already running with admin permissions.

    -Scott

    "Eliyahu Goldin" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Scott M., Jun 30, 2008
  8. Are you running on Vista? On Vista, you can run any program with either
    normal or elevated privileges. Even if you are an administrator, in many
    cases you need to start a program with elevated privileges to be able to use
    some protected features.

    Eliyahu Goldin, Jul 1, 2008
  9. Scott M.

    Scott M. Guest