SWS 0.3 released

Marek Janukowicz

I have just released version 0.3 of my SWS web application development
library.

What is SWS?

SWS is a web development library for Ruby programming language. Its
major design goal is to follow the Model-View-Controller pattern, to
take the burden of parsing HTTP parameters and keeping the session
information out of developer shoulders and to make web applications
easier to write by using reusable components. It enables rapid
development and easy maintaining of even complex web applications,
such as database ones (together with database access library - SDS).

What's new in this release?

* DirectAction functionality enhanced, added DirectAction handling to
SWS::Hyperlink
* SWS::Conditional improved - recursive components can now be created
* Implemented query string handling
* Pages are now marked as expired properly (no more problems with pages
not refreshing)
* Improved handling of action components
* Switched parameter order in Component.create (so component name - usually
nil can be omitted when creating components)
* Class methods can now be used for component bindings
* All "tag" components can now handle other_tag_string and custom HTML tag
attributes.
* Adaptor::Standalone port can be now changed
* "movie" example updated to work with SDS 0.3
* RDoc documentation no longer included in the .gem file (it can be
generated using "gem" tool)

Where to get it?

Webpage: http://www.starware.one.pl/software/sws/index.html
Tar.gz: http://www.starware.one.pl/software/download/sws/sws-latest.tar.gz