sws components

Daniel Cremer

Hi,

I've been playing around with the SWS webapp framework and find that
it's exactly the approach I'd like to take for some upcoming projects.
All the tapestry or WebObjects fans out there should check it out.
However I've run into a snag that I'm hoping someone else who has used
it might be able to help me with this.
As a test I've been trying to develop a component that has a form in it.
The idea is that the component would do basic form validation and
display errors inline next to what needs to be corrected. I could make
this work as a page but not as component you would drop onto a page and
I can't figure out why. Everything I try just yields very odd results.
The documentation for SWS (which is still excellent by the way) only has
examples with components as pages and not custom components for pages.
As for the examples with the SWS installation, well it seems to be
backwards compared to what I want to do: The components aren't included
into pages but wrap themselves with the rest of the content so they are
at the top level and control the page.
If anyone has examples of components like I described please share them
with me :)

Daniel