Swt hangs swing gui

ahmetbaki

Problem : I have an application (applet) writtten with swing. I
decided to add a swt frame (shell) for embeding an activex control in
to that shell. any way my real problem is that
when the swt shell activates (opens) it hangs the swing gui thread. so
the the swing gui could not be repainted. on
the other hand if I open a swing dialog upon the swt shell, swing
dialog does not suspend the swt display thread as swt suspends swing.
how can I prevent swt to not hang swing gui thread.

can anyone help me ?

Andrew Thompson

Problem : I have an application (applet)

That is brave (or silly) in this day and age.
..writtten with swing. I
decided to add a swt frame (shell)

And combining that applet with SWT?
Braver/sillier.
...for embeding an activex control

<tongue in cheek>
Why not just say 'I am evil' and
get it over and done with?
</tongue in cheek>

*
...in
to that shell. any way my real problem is that
when the swt shell activates (opens) it hangs the swing gui thread. so
the the swing gui could not be repainted. on
the other hand if I open a swing dialog upon the swt shell, swing
dialog does not suspend the swt display thread as swt suspends swing.
how can I prevent swt to not hang swing gui thread.

can anyone help me ?

You might try launching your SWT functionality
in a separate thread.

OTOH, I would also suggest sticking with
Swing components exclusively, and deploying
the app. using web start.

* Also, what does the ActiveX control do?
If it requires trust, the applet will need
to be signed. Have you checked the Java
console for exceptions or errors?

Andrew T.