sybase open client 15_0

Dan

I have compiled and installed sybase-.037 , the module to add sybase to
python. However, when I try to use it I get Import error:
/usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/sybasect.so

undefined symbol: cs_dt_info

I've seen some posts on the internet with other people having this issue.
But nothing they've suggested has resolved this issue. Maybe python just
needs to be installed again or upgraded to support sybase Open Client.

Thanks,
~DjK

Dan

I'm running SLES 9.3 on Tyan with 2 single core 64-bit Opteron & 8 GB of
memory and SWAP.

OCS-15_0
sybperl-2.18
python 2.3.5

bitsandbytes88

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

I have tried that solution - adding syb like sybblk to setup.py, but it
didn't change my end result, import sybase fails. I wonder if I need
to start fresh. How would I be sure sybase-0.37 is gone?

Also, I have 64-bit linux. I have libsybblk64.so for example.
I don't have libsybcs.a or sybinsck, it didn't come with OCS-15_0.

~DjK