Sybperl - how to specify my own interfaces file

Sudip

Hi,
I want to specify my own interfaces file - instead of the default
$SYBASE/interfaces - to my sybperl program ( I am using CTlib).
I am finding a place to mention additional parameters in a hash as
additional attributes.
But neither I am being able to find what exactly ( I mean - a list )
can be specified in there nor I am sure whether that is the place to
override default $SYBASE/interfaces.
I guess it has already been done many times by many people.

Can anybody pls. help me in this case.

Thanks in advance.

Sudip

Uri Guttman

S> I want to specify my own interfaces file - instead of the default
S> $SYBASE/interfaces - to my sybperl program ( I am using CTlib).

are you really using sybperl? that is based on perl4 and way way way
obsolete and has security holes and all sorts of other problems.

upgrade to perl5 and DBI and you will save lots of trouble in other
areas as well.

and IIRC, you can set the SYBASE environment variable in the shell or in
%ENV in perl to set the path to interfaces.

but upgrade to perl5. no one uses sybperl anymore. we are talking 7+
years at least.

uri

Michael Peppler

Hi,
I want to specify my own interfaces file - instead of the default
$SYBASE/interfaces - to my sybperl program ( I am using CTlib).
I am finding a place to mention additional parameters in a hash as
additional attributes.
But neither I am being able to find what exactly ( I mean - a list )
can be specified in there nor I am sure whether that is the place to
override default $SYBASE/interfaces.
I guess it has already been done many times by many people.

This is actually documented in the manual. You need to call
ct_config(CS_SET, CS_IFILE, $filename, CS_CHAR_TYPE);
before attempting to connect - this will set the interfaces file to
$filename.

Michael

Michael Peppler

S> I want to specify my own interfaces file - instead of the default
S> $SYBASE/interfaces - to my sybperl program ( I am using CTlib).

are you really using sybperl? that is based on perl4 and way way way
obsolete and has security holes and all sorts of other problems.

sybperl is the collective name of 5 modules in the Sybase:: namespace,
namely Sybase::CTlib, Sybase::DBlib, Sybase::BLK, Sybase::BCP and
Sybase::Sybperl (this last one being an emulation layer for perl 4
scripts).

See http://search.cpan.org/dist/sybperl/

Michael