symbolic links, aliases, cls clear

Barry Margolin

"Chris F.A. Johnson said:
In fact, my scripts are portable to other terminal types by use
of files for each terminal, generated with tput. Using a
different terminal is as easy as ". /usr/share/term-sh/$TERM" or
something similar. I generated a lot of files a few years ago,
but I have never had any call for them, so I'd have to hunt for
them.

So you've essentially reinvented the whole termcap/terminfo mechanism?

Christos Georgiou

No... not the LUGGAGE!

Basically (and since Chris insisted :) I'm offering a line from "The Thief
Of Time", about a know-it-all student of Susan Sto Helit:

“Miss Susan had privately marked him down as Boy Most Likely to Be Killed
One Day By His Wife.â€

I don't know if Chris is married though.

Chris F.A. Johnson

So you've essentially reinvented the whole termcap/terminfo mechanism?

No, I've used the termcap/terminfo mechanism via tput to create a
more efficient (and customizable) method of terminal-dependent
control.