<% symbols

Brian Henry

so what is the difference between all these symbols, i know a few but don't
know them all, what am i missing and what do the ones i dont know mean?
thanks

<% %> code block
<%@ %> include i think? used in page directives
<%= %> returns a value out
<%# %> not sure what does but use it with data grids a lot

what else is there? and could someone maybe point me to a resource on these
and what exactly they do? thanks!

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Brian,

As for the different expression syntax in ASP.NET webform page, here is the
reference in MSDN, it has a list of those syntax :

#Web Forms Syntax
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpgenref/html/cpconASPPageSyntax.asp
?frame=true

and you can find the <%# %> in them, it's the databinding expression in
asp.net:

#Data Binding Expression Syntax
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpgenref/html/cpconDatabindingExpres
sionSyntax.asp?frame=true

Please have a look. Hope helps. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

clintonG

Hello Stevereeno! Do you know if anybody has documented
a syntax and grammar map comparing JavaScript/JScript with C#?

The differences are probably fewer than the similarities and I'd
certainly like to see that kind of document come from the MSDN.

-
<%= Clinton Gallagher
NET csgallagher@ REMOVETHISTEXT metromilwaukee.com

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi ClintonG,

As for the Grammar mapping between C# VB.NET or JScript, I've not found any
documenation directly discussing on this. But I've searched the web and
found a certain Quick Reference for the c# ,vb.net and jscript.net

#C#, VB, JScript Quick Reference for .NET
http://www.werelight.com/docs/dotnet_lang_quickref.htm

Also, generally in the DOTNET quickstart, all the samples have different
code version(such as C# , VB.NET , JSCript), you can also have a look for
reference. Thanks.

Regards,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

clintonG

Thanks Steve -- that was a helpful document. I hope somebody will
map the languages that derive from C into to put learning syntax and
grammar into perspective so new and experienced users alike can
see the wisdom in adopting C#. It would really help respond to the
many newsgroup posts asking about "VB or C#" -- but again --
that document you refer to is really well done itself.