Symposium “Image Processing and Visualization in Solid Mechanics Processes” within the ESMC2009 Conf

tavares

(Apologies for cross-posting)

Symposium on “Visualization and Human-Computer”
7th EUROMECH Solid Mechanics Conference (ESMC2009)
Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, PORTUGAL, September 7-11, 2009
http://www.dem.ist.utl.pt/esmc2009/

(We would appreciate if you could distribute this information by your
colleagues and co-workers.)

Dear Colleague,

Within the 7th EUROMECH Solid Mechanics Conference (ESMC2009), to be
held in Instituto Superior Técnico, Lisbon, Portugal, September 7-11,
2009, we are organizing the Symposium “Image Processing and
Visualization in Solid Mechanics Processes”.
Examples of some topics that will be considered are: Image Analysis;
Image Restoration, Compression, Segmentation and Description; Object
Tracking, Matching, Recognition, and Reconstruction; Visual
Inspection; 3D Vision; Medical Imaging; Data Processing, Modeling and
Analysis; Scientific Visualization; Enhanced Visualization; Human
Computer Interaction; Virtual Reality; Simulation and Animation;
Software Development for Image Processing and Visualization; Grid
Computing in Image Processing and Visualization; Applications of Image
Processing and Visualization.
Due to your research activities in those fields, we would like to
invite you to submit your work and participate in the Symposium “Image
Processing and Visualization in Solid Mechanics Processes”.

For instructions and submission, please access to the conference
website at:
http://www.dem.ist.utl.pt/esmc2009/
Please note that, when submitting your work, you should select the
Symposium MS-08 – “Image Processing and Visualization in Solid
Mechanics Processes”.

Important dates:

- Abstract submission: January 31, 2009;
- Notification of acceptance: March 15, 2009;
- Conference Events: September 7-11, 2009.

Kind regards,

João Manuel R. S. Tavares (University of Porto, Portugal,
(e-mail address removed))
Michel A. Audette (Kitware, USA, (e-mail address removed))
(Symposium organizers)